i start to get nightmares after playing outlast-i did not khnew it is that scary

maria2244

I start playing outlast I thought it is just a normal game

yesterday I went to sleep andi got a nightmare I open my eyes and I saw that scary lady with that white dress

I start screaming

now all of my family thig I'm a crazy

I'm 16 years old female

do you thing it is just my brain do some tricks on me ?

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

I start playing outlast I thought it is just a normal game

yesterday I went to sleep andi got a nightmare I open my eyes and I saw that scary lady with that white dress

I start screaming

now all of my family thig I'm a crazy

I'm 16 years old female

do you thing it is just my brain do some tricks on me ?

Here's a hug, don't play it if it affects you so bad, but do you actually enjoy it?

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

You should uninstall the game, plus, isn't that game rated M? (17 ~ 18 and above)?

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

I have a bit of experience with nightmares and stuff (because I often have them) and I can say that things in your life may impact your dreams. Meaning that your mind doesn't really make up the details, but it does make up the story, if that makes any sense.

Your family ridiculing your for having a nightmare is kinda silly, just explain it to them. People who dont have nightmares often don't realize how real or scary they can be. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Its not uncommon to dream about something that was stimulating you before sleeping

its just a game if it concerns you put it down, if it doesnt keep playing. its that simple.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Your brain can't handle that much terror. You've put too much time to the game and made you stressed as well and terrified that's why you had these nightmares. If you are planning to play really scary games, you must play moderate scary games first.

Its 18 for a reason ya know.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

If you have not already i suggest you start off with Resident Evil titles, i don't mean the newer ones, go for the remaster HD of 1 and play 2 then 3.

Move on from there to Silent Hill.

See Amnesia and other scary games are a different type of scare, they play with your mind and tap into the unknown part of fear which is a whole lot scarier than seeing a mutated monster.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Damn that shit might be a spirit

Call up Ghostbusters.

Damn that shit might be a spirit

Call up Ghostbusters.

that is not funny ok .

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Start playing Left for dead to make yourself warm for a scarier game.

AMD FX8350 Black OC 4.5ghz--NZXT Kraken X31--ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0--MSI R9 380 4G--Corsair RM750--Corsair 16GB Vengeance

Logitech G300--Roccat ISKU FX--Logitech Z623--HyperX Cloud II

Stick to Tinkerbell.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why would your family think your crazy?... None of them encountered a nightmare before?...

And yes, it's probably your brain. You were probably lucid half asleep dreaming. Those type are already scary on their own without being a nightmare lol.

There is a lot of people here all saying the same thing. This game is Rated M for a reason, "M for Mature". Your young and not used to scary things, and thats ok.

There are lots of games out there that are better for a younger mind.

We all dream every night we go to sleep. We just dont always remember them. Nighmares however are remakes of a scary event, Ether from that day or another. Nightmares are scary no matter what people say. If they weren't then they would just be dreams.  

But honestly if this game is giving you nightmares and keeping you awake then Stop Playing It.

You shouldnt be playing it anyway And as for you parents, They should know better.

Science has proven that Nightmares are not fear based, they are anxiety based, and thing they use things that scare you in your real world, to scare you in you sub-conscious world.

If these nightmares are truly scaring you, you may want to come over one of your greatest fear (for some people, it maybe heights, or eating spiders) , and maybe stop playing the game for the time being.

You should uninstall the game, plus, isn't that game rated M? (17 ~ 18 and above)?

Not quoting everyone though that's just a rating suggesting what age. Not like it's a federal or state law, Best Buy, Game Stop and other businesses CAN sell M rated games to minors. Heck, I bought GTA V when I was 14 lol.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

May I remind you the age of Maria. Your right they are anxiety based however, do you want to start explaining why she is anxiety about the game and having nightmares or would you rather just say its fear to make it easier 

Really! are we all just going to let Children play games that are clearly made for adults??

But this was not the aim of this thread. This was to help a young girl with her nightmares from playing a game.

Start playing Left for dead to make yourself warm for a scarier game.

That game makes people laugh more than scared

Not quoting everyone though that's just a rating suggesting what age. Not like it's a federal or state law, Best Buy, Game Stop and other businesses CAN sell M rated games to minors. Heck, I bought GTA V when I was 14 lol.

Horror M-rated games are quite different from sandbox M-rated games, IMHO

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Really! are we all just going to let Children play games that are clearly made for adults??

But this was not the aim of this thread. This was to help a young girl with her nightmares from playing a game.

In case you missed it :)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

But they are still intended for someone with a better understanding i,e, Mature/Adults.

Am not saying a minor isnt mature in some ways but they are still young minded.

I do understand its not law. And more commen sence.

I would like add they that I am not having a go at anybody, I am mearly ranting, and this is my opinion.

Your brain can't handle that much terror. You've put too much time to the game and made you stressed as well and terrified that's why you had these nightmares. If you are planning to play really scary games, you must play moderate scary games first.

Id love to find a game that does that to me

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But they are still intended for someone with a better understanding i,e, Mature/Adults.

Am not saying a minor isnt mature in some ways but they are still young minded.

Im 16 and i would laugh at outlast and make fun of it

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)