Is it worth getting an SSD, if so which one should I get?

Yoo Song Won

I'm considering buying an SSD but have no idea on which one I should buy... I want it to be pretty budget and not too overpriced....

850 evo

at least 250GB IMO,maybe 500 if you can afford it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

850 Evo is bae. 250GB (Good option for boot drive and some other programs e.g. Photoshop as well as some games) 500GB for a larger area to store games that you want to be opening quicker.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

250GB EVO 850/ BX 100 / Hyper X

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

AData SP 550. It's not quite as fast as an 850 Evo, but it has an unbeatable price and is still a really good option.

Edit: 240GB model is going for $62 on Amazon right now http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013J7Q338/?tag=pcpapi-20

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

just got a ADATA Premier Pro SP550 120GB and put some games on it; have no intention of wasting it putting the OS on it - I don't reboot the PC that often

the price / GB is still high, bought at the same time and for a similar price a 1TB HDD (for a DVR)

was it worth it?! I'd say not really

will it be worth it for replacing a HDD inside a laptop? probably yes

I'm considering buying an SSD but have no idea on which one I should buy... I want it to be pretty budget and not too overpriced....

I'd recommend the Samsung 850 Evo, as that is my second drive from Samsung, swapped out the 120 GB 840 Evo I had in my desktop rig, nothing wrong with it, I just upgraded to 250 GB instead. I would recommend the 250-500 GB solutions, The 120 GB fills up pretty quick and you won't get the good speeds that they show you in tests unless you've got atleast 250 GB, or so Linus himself will have us believe, but I think I read an article on AnanTech about it too.

you can get some great deals on a BX100 if you look around :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?