Firefox perofrming utterly crappy

I notice a serious drop in performance.

I am running Mozilla Firefox 43.0.2 and recently installed Noscript and Ghostery.

I can get page loading times of sometimes more than a second which is way worse than what I got some time ago. Ideas?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Try running without the new addons and see if there's a difference in performance.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

If it is Firefox, then I prefer the ESR version.  (due to how horrible the current version can be without messing with about:config a lot)  The current versions is 38.5.2, so it is a bit behind.  It personally runs fine for me.  If you want to stick to the latest version, then you should uninstall your current installation and install the 64-bit version.

Also, you should not use Ghostery as it can sell your data to ad companies that you are blocking.  You can disable this "feature", but I would still not trust it.  Privacy Badger, made by the EFF, is more trustworthy.  It is also FOSS.

You should steer away from NoScript unless you know what you are doing.  It can be a bit tough to configure.

If it is Firefox, then I prefer the ESR version.  (due to how horrible the current version can be without messing with about:config a lot)  The current versions is 38.5.2, so it is a bit behind.  It personally runs fine for me.  If you want to stick to the latest version, then you should uninstall your current installation and install the 64-bit version.

Also, you should not use Ghostery as it can sell your data to ad companies that you are blocking.  You can disable this "feature", but I would still not trust it.  Privacy Badger, made by the EFF, is more trustworthy.  It is also FOSS.

You should steer away from NoScript unless you know what you are doing.  It can be a bit tough to configure.

I get that problem with Ghostery if what you are saying is true.

What is ESR exactly? A modified Firefox like CM is a modified Android?

Wha is so complicated about NoScript? I am getting by just fine. Are there add ons that due the same but are easier to handle since you brought that up.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

I get that problem with Ghostery if what you are saying is true.

What is ESR exactly? A modified Firefox like CM is a modified Android?

Wha is so complicated about NoScript? I am getting by just fine. Are there add ons that due the same but are easier to handle since you brought that up.

ESR is directly developed by Mozilla.  If you read the page I linked, then it will tell you that ESR stands for Extended Support Release.  Basically it keeps Firefox as stable as possible, and therefore being behind in updates from the consumer version.  It is typically used by companies and organizations, but I prefer it over the regular version.

If you are running it just fine, then go for it.  NoScript, that is.

ESR is directly developed by Mozilla.  If you read the page I linked, then it will tell you that ESR stands for Extended Support Release.  Basically it keeps Firefox as stable as possible, and therefore being behind in updates from the consumer version.  It is typically used by companies and organizations, but I prefer it over the regular version.

If you are running it just fine, then go for it.  NoScript, that is.

I Just disable both and it is subjectively even worse than before. I have experience completely wiping you browser is not as easy as reistalling. Will the ESR version be clean once I switch to it?

3.Use