Question to security guys out there ( or techs)

Cvdasfg

What kind of background do you guys have as far as schooling goes? How did you get employed? My ideal situation would be to take something like this. www.carrollcc.edu/CECertificates/Certificate---Cyber-Security/

that would mean me being certified in a few different things ( read it if youd like) 

Would that be good? Or would I need to do more/less?

My problem is that while I did very well in high school I dont think I could do the advanced maths that go along with actual 2-4 year programs. Any suggestions or useful information would be very helpful :)

EDIT: I'm in the USA if that matters.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

0qs1X4v.png

LOL

??? link works for me?

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

0qs1X4v.png

LOL

Sweet, SWEET irony....

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

Sweet, SWEET irony....

wtf guys lol am i missing something?

The link is HTTP not HTTPS... that little "S" on the end is a marker for "SSL" - a secure connection to the webpage

basically, your link to a security site is not secure. hence, "Sweet Irony"

ESXi SysAdmin

wtf guys lol am i missing something?

The joke is Https is encrypted internet and it's not showing on something about infosec. 

The link is HTTP not HTTPS... that little "S" on the end is a marker for "SSL" - a secure connection to the webpage

Though it is secure for me. 

What kind of background do you guys have as far as schooling goes? How did you get employed? My ideal situation would be to take something like this. www.carrollcc.edu/CECertificates/Certificate---Cyber-Security/

that would mean me being certified in a few different things ( read it if youd like) 

Would that be good? Or would I need to do more/less?

My problem is that while I did very well in high school I dont think I could do the advanced maths that go along with actual 2-4 year programs. Any suggestions or useful information would be very helpful :)

EDIT: I'm in the USA if that matters.

Hmm I don't know to much about security, but looking at that it's only network security?  

The joke is Https is encrypted internet and it's not showing on something about infosec. 

Though it is secure for me. 

odd it showing up with an s for me aswel.. Anyway you guys have any suggestions?

Hmm I don't know to much about security, but looking at that it's only network security?  

Thats just what the community college offers. I'm more looking at that because of the fact its not 4 years of college. I'm open to other suggestions aswell. 

best advice? go to college... It is a great investment. even if you do land a job in the field of IT Security, you will be paid ALOT more for having the college education.

ESXi SysAdmin

best advice? go to college... It is a great investment. even if you do land a job in the field of IT Security, you will be paid ALOT more for having the college education.

What type of degree? Is there any colleges/degrees that you can just do classes that pertain to your degree... not random history/science classes?