Best components for p5k3 deluxe motherboard

Hello, i'm a new member in the forum but i've been following you on youtube for a long time now (awesome vids btw).
So, on topic, i have a p5k3 deluxe motherboard with a pretty mediocre build around it, i got a core 2 duo CPU E4600 at 2,4GHz, a 2GB of RAM (2x1GB),a Geforce 8600GT 512MB (sparkle calibre) and a 500W power supply. Aaaand i kinda wanna upgrade the whole thing but i wanna max out my motherboards capabilities before i move on to a more <newer?> generation pc. So i started looking in tech sites and see what my options are...I saw some staff and i decided to get some RAM first as it would at least give me a very fast change in the overall system.I saw that this motherboard could only get up to 8GB of RAM so i said ''that's ok, even some new systems are build with 8GB of RAM so i got 2x4GB dimms only to learn that my motherboard may support 8GB in total...but the RAM slots can only go up to 2GB...so that was a waste of money....Moving forward i got 4x2GB RAM at 1333MHz and now i have 8GB of RAM so my question is, what is the best CPU and GPU than i can put on WITHOUT changing my power supply and what are the best CPU and GPU if i get a 750W power supply?

Hello, i'm a new member in the forum but i've been following you on youtube for a long time now (awesome vids btw).

So, on topic, i have a p5k3 deluxe motherboard with a pretty mediocre build around it, i got a core 2 duo CPU E4600 at 2,4GHz, a 2GB of RAM (2x1GB),a Geforce 8600GT 512MB (sparkle calibre) and a 500W power supply. Aaaand i kinda wanna upgrade the whole thing but i wanna max out my motherboards capabilities before i move on to a more <newer?> generation pc. So i started looking in tech sites and see what my options are...I saw some staff and i decided to get some RAM first as it would at least give me a very fast change in the overall system.I saw that this motherboard could only get up to 8GB of RAM so i said ''that's ok, even some new systems are build with 8GB of RAM so i got 2x4GB dimms only to learn that my motherboard may support 8GB in total...but the RAM slots can only go up to 2GB...so that was a waste of money....Moving forward i got 4x2GB RAM at 1333MHz and now i have 8GB of RAM so my question is, what is the best CPU and GPU than i can put on WITHOUT changing my power supply and what are the best CPU and GPU if i get a 750W power supply?

Are you sure the RAM is compatible, are the slots on the board all DDR3 (And not DDR2, like most other LGA775 boards)?

EDIT: Just checked manual, should be fine

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

A core 2 Quad extreme or something, and any GPU, but a lot of (Very high end) GPUs will be bottlenecked.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Ok so lets say i get a qx9650 will that be compatible with my motherboard? And what GPU should i get so it won't bottleneck that CPU plus the PSU must be changed....so the questions still remain...

Don't waste any money on that machine, though you could probably upgrade your GPU to a 380 or something and be fine, still might want a new PSU if that one's old.

Your only other option is going to be an SSD.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Can i get more specific answers and not so generic ones please?

Happy new year, do we have anything else?

Well my suggestion is still going to be the same

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Well my suggestion is still going to be the same

How would i know if a 380 isn't gonna be bottlenecked with my current CPU? plus what is really the change in a SSD investment? gaming loading times?

get a xeon x5450 or 5460(they are better than any core2 quad), mod the mobo and the cpu, get a good aftermarket cooler and hit 4.0-4.5 ghz for fun

try getting a used hd 7870 and a ssd, and you are good to go

-snip-

The site has changed....

get a xeon x5450 or 5460(they are better than any core2 quad), mod the mobo and the cpu, get a good aftermarket cooler and hit 4.0-4.5 ghz for fun

try getting a used hd 7870 and a ssd, and you are good to go

i don't think this CPU is compatible with my motherboard, the socket i have is LGA775 while the xeon has LGA771

i don't think this CPU is compatible with my motherboard, the socket i have is LGA775 while the xeon has LGA771

there are thousands socket 771 to 775 mods, even here on the forums

i recently did one for a friend of mine witha xeon L5420 on a foxconn g31mxp mobo(in greece)

The site has changed....

there are thousands socket 771 to 775 mods, even here on the forums

i recently did one for a friend of mine witha xeon L5420 on a foxconn g31mxp mobo(in greece)

Just saw a video of this and i would prefer to not cut my socket....just what is the top of the line GPU i can get for my current CPU and what else would i need if i get a QX9650 CPU? would i need extra power and staff?

Just saw a video of this and i would prefer to not cut my socket....just what is the top of the line GPU i can get for my current CPU and what else would i need if i get a QX9650 CPU? would i need extra power and staff?

an r9 270/gtx950 maybe even a gtx960/r9 380,what psu you got now?

btw here are some pics of the mod ,the cpu was cut but it worked

post-248090-0-25688400-1452130772_thumb.post-248090-0-64361600-1452130792_thumb.post-248090-0-17440400-1452130813_thumb.

The site has changed....

How would i know if a 380 isn't gonna be bottlenecked with my current CPU? plus what is really the change in a SSD investment? gaming loading times?

System is overall faster with an SSD

a 380 will be bottlenecked by your current CPU, but probably not as much as you would think depending on the game, mostly you just need a whole new system, which is why I suggested not spending any money on this system

if you just wanted to get a basic new gaming rig going for around $300 you could get an APU rig that'll game alright until you get a dedicated card in it

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/521988-need-help-with-a-300-build-plz-ty-btw-for-gaming/

Spoiler