lower frequency ram than motherboard supports

limikusz

I need a new mobo for my pc since the current one is REALLY bad, i tried putting a Q6600 and a GTX 750 Ti and neither worked but i tried it in a different pc and they work perfectly fine so those cant be a problem. So is the MSI G41M-P26 motherboard enough for those components but the information on that says it can handle 800/1066/1333 mhz ram and i have 667 mhz ram. Would it be no problem for the ram to work or do i need new ram.

PS: I know LGA 775 is not worth investing in but this is a temporary upgrade.

that is 1333 ram.

what power supply in this case and what supply in the one that works?

what happens if you assemble evrything and reset the cmos..... and then reboot?

welcome to the forums and what about overclocking your ram?

Thanks and i don't really know how to OC, I only ever overclocked my current GPU and that didn't do much.

Thanks and i don't really know how to OC, I only ever overclocked my current GPU and that didn't do much.

well, you have to boot into the BIOS and adjust ram settings there.

that is 1333 ram.

what power supply in this case and what supply in the one that works?

what happens if you assemble evrything and reset the cmos..... and then reboot?

This one right now is 500w and in the one i tested in had a 500w psu as well.

Well... when i put in the Q6600 it beeps 1-3-3-3 but if i only put the gpu in it beeps 1-3-4-3.

pull and reseat the graphics card.

if that doesn't work try pulling the card and plugging to the onboard graphics.

saying 500watts don't mean shit. please give name/model numbers.

pull and reseat the graphics card.

if that doesn't work try pulling the card and plugging to the onboard graphics.

The current CPU which is a pentium e2180 does not have integrated graphics neither does the Q6600 and there is no such option on this mobo and the current gpu works perfectly its only when i place the Q6600 or the 750 Ti it beeps and i looked up those beep codes and they all point at the ram but its perfectly fine.

the psu is Kolink CHS-500

that's not a vga connector on the back of the board?

the beep code thing i found said vga.......if you can run the machine without the card in it maybe we can get into the bios and mess with stuff..??

that's not a vga connector on the back of the board?

The board is from a Lenovo Thinkstation S10 (not that sure at this point) and i'm not a tech savvy myself and i asked my brother "Isn't that a vga port?" and he said it's not. (im trusting my bro because he is REALLY into tech)

EDIT: It's REALLY late in hungary maybe now its too early (5:34) so im not really willing to take it apart and mess and stuff, but I'll ask my bro about this so thanks for the info even if it might not work.

EDIT 2:Also the whole pc was kinda sketchy and we bought it used so we had to run back and forth to the service and home and I dont know the backstory of how it got to work but every time i turn on the system it says "No Processor BIOS Update Found" but works perfectly fine.

i was just looking at that small blue port with all those little pins in it......................

i was just looking at that small blue port with all those little pins in it......................

Just looking it up i found that the S10 doesn't have integrated graphics and has to use the PCI-e X16 slot.

but it even says vga in the description. i'm trying to bypass the card. what's in the other machine?

and also, did you try 1 stick of ram and also try it in different slots. it's a dual use ram board.

but it even says vga in the description. i'm trying to bypass the card. what's in the other machine?

and also, did you try 1 stick of ram and also try it in different slots. it's a dual use ram board.

In the other machine is a G41M P28 mobo, a Pentium E6600 and a Radeon 5670.

The ram... I only have 1 stick of 4gb ram also... non-ECC which was weird and i tried to put it in different slots and also take it out entirely to see if the beep code changed, it did not.

did you try the 5670 in the machine instead of the 750?

Well that machine is my brother's pc but i did not try it but im fairly certain that it will probably not work.

if it doesn't work the pci-e slot on the board is toast. that's what I'm trying to find out.

if it doesn't work the pci-e slot on the board is toast. that's what I'm trying to find out.

Well my GT 630 works fine and that is the pc which im writing this reply and on the GTX 750 ti the fans spin no matter if i plugged in the power cable or not, so the slot cant be bad.

then it could be the cheap power supply. i think i asked eartlier what PS..... and you said 500watt............ and I siad what 500 watt PS were they in each machine? (specifically )

then it could be the cheap power supply. i think i asked eartlier what PS..... and you said 500watt............ and I siad what 500 watt PS were they in each machine? (specifically )

Like i said my pc has a Kolink CHS-500 and my brother's pc has some sort of Logisys 500w, I don't know the model number, thats all i know.