5-monitor setup

Jackriegerattack
Go to solution Solved by AddonCustoms,

4 monitors is the MAX, no matter how to try to add more.

You can do what I do, run the 3 surround screens on your main card, and get a cheap second hand 600/700 series card for the other 2 monitors.

I have a single 989ti in my build, and i have five monitors, can i have 3 set up in nvidia surround and the other two normal, or is there a limit on how many monitors you can plug into one card?

A single gtx 9xx card supports up to 4 monitors connected directly, so I'm fairly sure you'd have to use a DP hub or something to get the 5th working.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have a single 989ti in my build

Never heard of that card.

I think you can plug in 4

www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980-ti/specifications

There is a limit of the number of monitors you can have plugged in, I believe its 4 max.

Try buying a curved widescreen monitor and 2 normal monitors, It only uses 3 plugs and the widescreen can be your Nvidia Surround

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

A single gtx 9xx card supports up to 4 monitors connected directly, so I'm fairly sure you'd have to use a DP hub or something to get the 5th working.

can i have my 3 surround monitors plugged onto the gou and the other two plugged into my mobo, or are the mobo display outputs disabled when a gpu is installed?

I believe you can have 4 monitors running off your card for a maximum resolution of 5120x3200.  

Hehe, 3 people posted the same answer in a time span of 20 seconds. Good ol' linustechtips :P

Never heard of that card.

I think you can plug in 4

www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980-ti/specifications

980ti** my bad

can i have my 3 surround monitors plugged onto the gou and the other two plugged into my mobo, or are the mobo display outputs disabled when a gpu is installed?

It should work as long as your integrated video shit is enabled in the bios. (Requires your CPU to have an integrated graphics processor as well)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You can do what I do, run the 3 surround screens on your main card, and get a cheap second hand 600/700 series card for the other 2 monitors.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

thats what i will do thanks