Signature length and spoilers

Philcat101

I have seen some people's signatures with more than 3 lines contained in spoilers. When I try to do this, I get told that I can not put in more than 3 lines of content.

What is going on?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I think they have since made it so you can't have more than three lines, even with a spoiler

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

the trick is spoilers inside spoilers inside spoilers inside spoilers.

its spoilers all the way down..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I think they have since made it so you can't have more than three lines, even with a spoiler

Well, the rules state that, but I think that you can physically do it.

An excellent explanation.

snip

When I try to do this:

1693a1edaf.png

I get the same error message. How can I fix this?

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

you are using formatting.

spoiler tag open/closed should be default format.

the internals of the spoiler can be formated to font, color and spacing, but the tags

are not.

@Philcat101 I've tried it out on my own sig, apparently you can have arbitrarily long stuff inside the spoiler as long as it's just one long line with wraps, but if you start inserting line breaks inside the spoiler, it will recognize them as line breaks as if they were outside the spoiler. I've added the line to your sig as a test, feel free to edit as needed.

@colonel_mortis should know more about this than I do though.

EDIT: Side note: Apparently moderators can add as many lines as they want to somebody else's signature, but not their own. lachen.gif

Edited by alpenwasser

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

@Philcat101 I've tried it out on my own sig, apparently you can have arbitrarily long stuff inside the spoiler as long as it's just one long line with wraps, but if you start inserting line breaks inside the spoiler, it will recognize them as line breaks as if they were outside the spoiler. I've added the line to your sig as a test, feel free to edit as needed.

I was wondering what was happening!

I blamed @Dan Castellaneta for it xD

EDIT: I don't like the gray auto text in the signature, even if it makes it better for dark theme users. @colonel_mortis Please make a way for us to have pure black text in day theme and white text in night theme for the auto color or something.

EDIT: Side note: Apparently moderators can add as many lines as they want to somebody else's signature, but not their own. lachen.gif

That is funny.  :D

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

@colonel_mortis should know more about this than I do though.

How do you wrap the lines?

That is funny.  :D

IKR :D

How do you wrap the lines?

They auto-wrap when they get long enough. Hard-wrapping is just line breaks, which, as said, 3-line limit, even inside spoilers, it seems.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic