Is this PC enough for TV streaming?

Tomek20225

Hi :D
My father's laptop got bricked few weeks ago. It's really old and really cheap, so it's not even worth considering fixing it.
After talking to his friends he found out about a cool thing to do - stream Polish TV to his future computer in England (his estate administration wants him to take down his satellite dish with his Polish TV because "it ruins the estate's looks" or something like that).
He wants a really cheap PC that can handle this >480p, maybe HD or FHD, streaming - basically a PC that is able to display a 1080p video at a price as low as possible. He doesn't do anything more than this and reading news, so saying things like "8GB of RAM is a minimum" or "Core i3 is requirement" is bullshit.

I've found an offer in my area for used HP 8000 SFF C2D. It has:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,93Ghz 3Mb Cache
Integrated GPU  (PROBABLY Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500)
4GB of DDR3 RAM
Gigabit Ethernet
Windows 7
250GB SATA HDD
So, what do you think? :D
Thanks in advance!

PS. Just keep in mind that I DON'T BUILD A PC. I'm looking for a really cheap prebuilt that can handle video streaming at >HD that is as small and as cheap as possible and asking if that mentioned above is enough. My dad doesn't need everything super fast, just so that he can watch TV at a decent quality.

it will be fine but the integrated graphics on your cpu are terrible. can i recommend an amd hd 5450 to pair it with.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

build with literally the cheapest things you can find from PCP, I don't know why did you make this thread ahahaha, but I'm gonna provide you with a list anyways

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vMDJhM
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vMDJhM/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD 2650 1.45Ghz Dual-Core Processor  ($24.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock AM1B-M Micro ATX AM1 Motherboard  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill NS Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital AV 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($18.90 @ Amazon)
Case: Apex TX-381 MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Directron)
Total: $119.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 09:38 EST-0500

LEL GGWP

Get This:

Quad Core CPU at 1.8Ghz (Preferably Intel) (Minimum)

Intergrated Graphics

4GB of any memory

Around 200GB of storage

Some cheapo motherboard

Cheapo case

I saw @MarthiniL recommending a 1.45Ghz Dual Core processor, DONT! Dual Core processors that are at such a low clock speed, and on top of that, AMD will be maxed out by just having the system running. (I know this beacuse I have a laptop with an E1 Dual Core 1.5 Ghz processor In the house, and Its always at 100% or close, and It works really slow, and videos cannot be watched at all.

Get This:

Intergrated Graphics

4GB of any memory

Around 200GB of storage

Some cheapo motherboard

Cheapo case

I saw @MarthiniL recommending a 1.45Ghz Dual Core processor, DONT! Dual Core processors that are at such a low clock speed, and on top of that, AMD will be maxed out by just having the system running. (I know this beacuse I have a laptop with an E1 Dual Core 1.5 Ghz processor In the house, and Its always at 100% or close, and It works really slow, and videos cannot be watched at all.

I have an E1 1200 APU - Which has a 7310 Intergrated GPU

The CPU I provided has a 8240 GPU Which is equal to the 7340 GPU...

The thing you said, I, I don't know what to comment on it.

With my GPU I can play League of Legends on Low settings with Medium Character quality and Character Inking on 30 FPS Lock with 1280x720 res, I can also play COD4, Crysis 1, and a lot of other games on decent settings, which means that the CPU (EDIT: APU, fail lol) that I provided will be even better for gaming.

Oh, but he only needs it for 1080p streaming, soooo, please don't man.

I have an E1 1200 APU - Which has a 7310 Intergraded GPU

The CPU I provided has a 8240 GPU Which is equal to the 7340 GPU...

The thing you said, I, I don't know what to comment on it.

With my GPU I can play League of Legends on Low settings with Medium Character quality and Character Inking on 30 FPS Lock with 1280x720 res, I can also play COD4, Crysis 1, and a lot of other games on decent settings, which means that the CPU that I provided will be even better for gaming.

Oh, but he only needs it for 1080p streaming, soooo, please don't man.

Thats really odd, but judging from your childish comment, Im not sure If youre just being defensive and lying about It...

Thats really odd, but judging from your childish comment, Im not sure If youre just being defensive and lying about It...

Need proof man? Give me 2 minutes...

I'm the one childish here, yet "a dual core AMD CPU can't even hold the OS"...

Mate, please... Please don't.

Not going to say that MWTech's Console Killer PC is ideal, but it definietly doesn't crush under the weight of it's own OS when paired with a good GPU.

The PC contains the CPU I mentioned

@theereal

I don't know why are you lying about it...

It's maybe the fact that you're trying to be smart here and recommend something better so you're trying to negate my post by saying that my PCP is shit for reasons unknown...

If your AMD APU is acting that badly, then I would recommend you cleaning your laptop and reinstalling the OS, Installing the correct drivers from AMD's website and installing some lightweight games to try.

No problem.

Not going to say that MWTech's Console Killer PC is ideal, but it definietly doesn't crush under the weight of it's own OS when paired with a good GPU.

The PC contains the CPU I mentioned

@theereal

I don't know why are you lying about it...

It's maybe the fact that you're trying to be smart here and recommend something better so you're trying to negate my post by saying that my PCP is shit for reasons unknown...

If your AMD APU is acting that badly, then I would recommend you cleaning your laptop and reinstalling the OS, Installing the correct drivers from AMD's website and installing some lightweight games to try.

No problem.

Perhaps It Is beacuse It Is a laptop processor the one I am using. Just to clarify, I never "bashed your pcp" and you seem VERY defensive, all I said was that he might want to Invest In a better processor, I never said that your pcp link was shit, and the rest of the parts were just fine...

Perhaps It Is beacuse It Is a laptop processor the one I am using. Just to clarify, I never "bashed your pcp" and you seem VERY defensive, all I said was that he might want to Invest In a better processor, I never said that your pcp link was shit, and the rest of the parts were just fine...

I'm defensive because I'm irritated at how you advise a forum member to do something based on your own subjective experience without actually providing any proof of how you have that much of a high CPU usage within the OS itself, when I have almost the same APU and I can even play light games with good FPS at good enough settings for it to not be ugly.

it will be fine but the integrated graphics on your cpu are terrible. can i recommend an amd hd 5450 to pair it with.

Thanks ;) I've been thinking about buying and adding this card to that prebuilt system, but the thing is that it's half of the cost of the entire PC and I'm not sure if it can be added. Inside of the case looks like this:

261810749_3_1000x700_hp-8000-sff-c2d-293

I'm not sure, but I think that video processing is more CPU accelerated, so it's not a huge problem.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vMDJhM

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vMDJhM/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD 2650 1.45Ghz Dual-Core Processor  ($24.95 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock AM1B-M Micro ATX AM1 Motherboard  ($29.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill NS Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($18.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital AV 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($18.90 @ Amazon)

Case: Apex TX-381 MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Directron)

Total: $119.82

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 09:38 EST-0500

LEL GGWP

Thanks for fast reply mate, but the thing is that there's no time to build a PC :\ I'm looking for an offer for a cheapest one that can handle FHD video streaming and I've found that one for around 70$ (and it would be even cheaper in the US, but I live in Poland - my dad in England - where everything is expensive, especially hardware).

And isn't the CPU determine video playback? Because I think that that Core Duo is better for this.

Get This:

Intergrated Graphics

4GB of any memory

Around 200GB of storage

Some cheapo motherboard

Cheapo case

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't really upgrade it :\ It's prebuilt.

But I think that the prebuilt's Dual Core 3GHz should be somewhere in the neighbourhood of Quad Core 1,8Ghz performance, maybe a bit slower. The rest is ok.

Thanks for fast reply mate, but the thing is that there's no time to build a PC :\ I'm looking for an offer for a cheapest one that can handle FHD video streaming and I've found that one for around 70$ (and it would be even cheaper in the US, but I live in Poland - my dad in England - where everything is expensive, especially hardware).

And isn't the CPU determine video playback? Because I think that that Core Duo is better for this.

Oh I see...

Hardware outside of USA is really expensive, and I hate that.

For your last sentence, it really doesn't. GPU is the thing that accelerates it all, so it's better to have a good intergrated one for your purposes

But ofcourse, you also benefit with a better CPU because video definietly won't be smooth on a single core CPU, right?

Bro. There are quad-core AMD SoCs that would better suit his needs for only $20 more. It's much more worth it to have double the cores and it be an APU for his streaming purposes. :P

Mate, do you have any idea what could he buy with those extra 20 bucks?

Ummm, I have no idea, I don't live in 'murica, but, it's just a streaming PC, who cares :D

EDIT: You can buy a whole pack of Mountain Dew, MLG420BLAZEIT

I'd go with a Chromebox, the only limitation will be the 16gb SSD it comes with if you want to install Windows on it, but you could upgrade that and still only spend $200 or so. If all he needs is a web browser, just leave it as is with the preinstalled ChromeOS.

It will be much smaller, and draw much less power than any PC you would build.

I use one for a Plex box and it handles 1080p just fine. There is even a simple script you can run to dual boot it. The one issue with dual booting is that it requires a keyboard shortcut to boot to the non-default OS, and I haven't found a wireless keyboard that the Chromebox recognizes during the time you are to press the shortcut.

The Asus Chromebit may also be an option, but you won't be able to install Windows on it.

You will be fine, I can see a PCI express slot for your gpu. (the black slot)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

How about a Raspberry Pi? [emoji52] It can handle 1080p video streams with no problems [emoji4]