Did you ask for input when Building your rig?

spyder

Example: I posted on the forums about all the parts that I will be using to build my rig, my gpu was going to be a 2GB GTX 960 until everyone recommended a 970 instead which is what I ended up with in the end, couldn't have been happier.  

Example: I posted on the forums about all the parts that I will be using to build my rig, my gpu was going to be a 2GB GTX 960 until everyone recommended a 970 instead which is what I ended up with in the end, couldn't have been happier.  

Not really, I went my own way. I don't think I did too badly.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Nah, I know what I want and what's good.

Not really, I went my own way. I don't think I did too badly.

I only did because it was my first custom build and hadnt been that up to date with the current PC specs at the time 

As for cpu selection, I initially did, until I got a hefty raise and was able to get a 4790k over the xeon 1231v3. I knew which two to go for, but couldnt decide between a 9590 or 4690k, until I was lead into xeons by someone, and fell in love with the 1231v3

Same for the monitor, got recommendations from here on the forums, it since I've been out of the monitor scene for too long and couldn't figure out what to go for.

Rest was just me, infact, doubtful anyone here would ever rec. the fury x over a 980ti, but for 4k I don't plan on overclocking and at stock, they're both pretty much identical in performance.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I've asked some input, but I think I'm hardware savvy enough to decide on my own what's good.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

i did, then went ahead and ignored half the comments and spent 300-400 eztra for nothing

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I didn't and I made some regretful decision that I am slowly fixing right now. Mostly the PSU I chose. Didn't realize the CX series was a bad as they are. With the Knowledge I have now pretty sure I could build one without needing help choosing parts. Yeah I may not choose ideal but I'll choose parts that I know will work for me and will last me a while even if it isn't the best for the price at the time. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Yeah. I put what I thought was good on PCPP and then posted here.

Wish I'd have gone x99 now, not enough PCIe lanes on z97...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

As for cpu selection, I initially did, until I got a hefty raise and was able to get a 4790k over the xeon 1231v3. I knew which two to go for, but couldnt decide between a 9590 or 4690k, until I was lead into xeons by someone, and fell in love with the 1231v3

Same for the monitor, got recommendations from here on the forums, it since I've been out of the monitor scene for too long and couldn't figure out what to go for.

Rest was just me, infact, doubtful anyone here would ever rec. the fury x over a 980ti, but for 4k I don't plan on overclocking and at stock, they're both pretty much identical in performance.

Just like me, when I was out of the scene for GPU selection.

I've asked some input, but I think I'm hardware savvy enough to decide on my own what's good.

Well all the other components I picked were good enough since I read amazon reviews on them. 

i did, then went ahead and ignored half the comments and spent 300-400 eztra for nothing

I went about £100 more over because of the GPU at the time.

I didn't and I made some regretful decision that I am slowly fixing right now. Mostly the PSU I chose. Didn't realize the CX series was a bad as they are. With the Knowledge I have now pretty sure I could build one without needing help choosing parts. Yeah I may not choose ideal but I'll choose parts that I know will work for me and will last me a while even if it isn't the best for the price at the time. 

I was going to pick the same PSU series till I saw fully modular evga one going for a good price at the time. 

Yeah I switching to a EVGA G2 750w and I'm so happy to finally be switching. Maybe then my GPU will stop freezing in games from it's very tiny and miniscule overclock. xD

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Well all the other components I picked were good enough since I read amazon reviews on them. 

Yea, I usually ask for pure technical info here and look for UX in the reviews. Although I value the UX of the people on here more than those in the reviews. (Since there is the chance of them being fake reviews)

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Nope. I know for a fact I overspent on my PSU (AX760i Digital PSU) which was deliberate as for me, having a strong PSU is very important. I also overspent on my monitor but again it was deliberate as I intend to get a faster GPU when Pascal and Arctic Islands release.

Other than that everything I bought was exactly what I wanted and needed.

The only frivolity would be my M.2 SSD which I didn't need as I already had 2 SSDs in RAID 0 however I had some spare cash and I wanted it so I bought it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I didn't ask. I knew everyone would bitch about me going with a 6700K instead of a 5820K due to lack of visually appealing ITX X99 MOBO' s. Plus, I know my shit when it comes to my rig. I don't care about price/performance in my own system. I just get what I want.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Just like me, when I was out of the scene for GPU selection.

i bought a 780 a week before the 970/980 were released. and bought a 200$+ motherboard.. fans.. h80i.. wich i regret

I went about £100 more over because of the GPU at the time.

I was going to pick the same PSU series till I saw fully modular evga one going for a good price at the time.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I didn't ask. I knew everyone would bitch about me going with a 6700K instead of a 5820K due to lack of visually appealing ITX X99 MOBO' s. Plus, I know my shit when it comes to my rig. I don't care about price/performance in my own system. I just get what I want.

them 2 extra co.. never mind you chose what you wanted xD

Yeah I did. I had a basic plan of what I wanted and I wanted to be sure everything was compatible or if I made any mistakes.

One of the reasons why I posted too, interestingly a lot of people were posting similar builds with i5 and a 970 along with a hyper 212, all of which became my core components. 

them 2 extra co.. never mind you chose what you wanted xD

One of the reasons why I posted too, interestingly a lot of people were posting similar builds with i5 and a 970 along with a hyper 212, all of which became my core components. 

I could never utilize the two extra cores. This was a gaming rig. The 6700K would do better.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I could never utilize the two extra cores. This was a gaming rig. The 6700K would do better.

For some reason I would of felt happier having two extra cores even though I'll never fully utilise them but to me it would of been a bargain grabbing the 5820k but going X99 isn't going to benefit me anyways, I'd rather spend on a GPU, i5 is more than enough for me right now especially for what I do. 

Not when I did my first own build. Then I just browsed tons of reviews. When upgrading I made few questions. One was about getting mid-range mobo for higher end CPU and was there any other difference between pricier SSD compared to cheap one than speed. I would say that asking about some special question is better done throught user experince but for whole I trust my own knowledge and reviews.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv