Vcore won't change in software z170x-g3

I purchased a gigabyte z170x gaming 3 mobo. I am trying to overclock my i5-6600k and am stable at 4.4ghz at 1.35 volts. I want to push further because am still sitting at 60 degrees centigrade and I read that 1.4 Volts is a pretty safe limit. But I can't seem to go higher than 1.35 volts. Even though i dial in 1.4V in the bios and try and increase the multiplier, Aida64 still shows max vcore draw at 1.344 and the stability test fails withing one minute. Also, HWmonitor shows a vcore of 1.7 volts for some reason at every vcore setting above 1.3 volts. And HW64 shows the exact same values as aida64. Please help me out here. This is my first experience with overclocking and i really want to push my CPU further. I have read that the h81 boards from gigabyte have a max vcore limit for the g3258. Is there a max vcore limit on my mobo too ? I have updated my bios to the latest non beta version.

try using cpuz. also, if you plan on running that chip 24/7 1.4 is really high for a skylake.

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

try using cpuz. also, if you plan on running that chip 24/7 1.4 is really high for a skylake.

The voltage keeps fluctuating in CPU-z because there doesn't seem to be a full manual mode in Gigabyte mobos. Please tell me what i can do to proceed further. 

i use a gigabyte z97 gaming 5, my gigabyte mobo does not have adaptive mode (new feature perhaps?) try turning of c3 and EIST (in the bios)

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.3ghz

Gpu: Asus GTX 970 Strix 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB

Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2

Case: NZXT Noctis 450