Overclocked 4790k vs 4790

I am wondering if an overclocked 4790k (With the higher price tag, more expensive cooling solution, and other drawbacks of overclocking) is worth the performance gained over a 4790.

I do content creation, but not professionally, and I would prefer the less expensive option.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Only you know what programs you'll run and if they need the extra power.

Intel Core i7-4790 advantages

The processor has 5% better power consumption than the i7-4790K microprocessor.
Based on current official prices, the Intel Core i7-4790 is 11% cheaper.
The processor has 5% better price/performance ratio.

Intel Core i7-4790K advantages

In single-threaded applications, the microprocessor has 10% higher performance.
In multi-threaded tasks, this CPU is 9% faster.
Memory performance of the processor is better.
The microprocessor features unlocked clock multiplier. The processor can be easily overclocked on most motherboards to achieve greater performance.

source: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/520/Intel_Core_i7_i7-4790_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-4790K.html

You only want the 4790k if you are doing something more intense than gaming such as video editing/rendering because, you would be overclocking it if you got the K version.

I am wondering if an overclocked 4790k (With the higher price tag, more expensive cooling solution, and other drawbacks of overclocking) is worth the performance gained over a 4790.

I do content creation, but not professionally, and I would prefer the less expensive option.

You can buy the i7-4790k and run it at stock too, it's still 400 MHz faster than the i7-4790 at stock. With the i7-4790k you're basically getting a chip binned so well that it is given a big overclock out of the box for its stock speed while still staying within power consumption targets. You're basically getting the best binned Haswell chip when you get an i7-4790k. Even running at stock it's worth every penny of the $30 higher price tag for that 10.5% higher clockspeed. Plus if you want to sell it later on and upgrade the 4790k will be a lot more desirable than the 4790 to potential buyers.

If you're really trying to save money the Xeon E3-1231v3 is something to consider. It's an i7-4790 minus the integrated graphics and clocked 200 MHz slower and with ECC memory support added (though non-ECC RAM works fine, I'm running a DDR3-2400 kit right now on my E3-1231v3). But the E3-1231v3 often sells $50-$60 cheaper than the i7-4790.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117316