Red and Black aesthetically pleasing budget build. (~$550)

DunePilot

Built a CAD machine for the pops for Christmas, ram and cooler could be better but I pulled them out of one of my old machines. Other that it's pretty nice. If we come across a cheap 4790k in the next year or two then I will probably pick one up for him. He usually keeps a computer for 10 years. This is overkill for his needs but I wanted to get him something that not only was very functional and would exceed his needs but would also look good on the desk of a 62 year old man. 

Great vid, what'd you use to record and edit?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I got that same mobo and love it!

hey bb, Do an AMD build on ur channel

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

hey bb, Do an AMD build on ur channel

I'd include an AMD GPU but I don't believe any current AMD CPU is really worth it- so it won't be a full AMD build.

EDIT: Once Zen rolls around I'll check it out- probably buy one to test, but till then not worth it.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I'd include an AMD GPU but I don't believe any current AMD CPU is really worth it- so it won't be a full AMD build.

EDIT: Once Zen rolls around I'll check it out- probably buy one to test, but till then not worth it.

You should do some kinda "Build video" like those ones linus does where he does a build sponsored by Intel or something

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Thanks, yeah Gigabyte stuff is great. It and Asus are prob my two fav. I have a good 4.5 OC out of it but only run 4.2 because the H50 cooler I have is a reused one that was the first generation (about 5 years old or so) and they don't actually cool all that great. I recorded it with a Canon Rebel T4i with a spare battery and spare memory card and edited in Adobe Premiere Elements 13. I do like AMD, but my the last AMD system I built was back when Half Life 2 came out, that should give my age away a little bit lol. A 280X would probably have been a little bit more bang for the buck GPU wise but I opted for something easy for the pops to keep updated since I know Nvidia are excellent with driver support and its already overkill for his graphical needs anyways. 

Thanks for the comments. 

You should do some kinda "Build video" like those ones linus does where he does a build sponsored by Intel or something

I'd love to, I'd like to get into contact with a rep at Gigabyte, Corsair, or Intel and work with them. They make great products and I'd love to collaborate with them.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's