I Love My R9 290 :)

byalexandr

I like my 290s as well, total powerhouses, though I have aftermarket coolers on mine

I like my 290s as well, total powerhouses, though I have aftermarket coolers on mine

I don't even care about the cooler, it looks really good and it is adequate despite what people say.

They are powerhouses aren't they? :D

cool beans, but um, this would be better as a status update.

Nah nah, this is good enough for a full post.

I hope

I like the design but a better fan bearing would have made this cooler great

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I like the design but a better fan bearing would have made this cooler great

Better bearing? Mine is working fine, it's just the blower itself that gets loud (to other people, it's fine to me).

The reference cooler looks so terrible.

>:{ It looks awesome. Better than... Oh... You have a 290X Lightning...

I like it

LOL, I love my R9 290 too (different version).

Has provided the best gaming experience of my life over the last 1.5 years.

I like the reference cooler.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

LOL, I love my R9 290 too (different version).

Has provided the best gaming experience of my life over the last 1.5 years.

It's such a great card :)

I like the reference cooler.

YES! Someone who gets it!

Can't tell if sarcastic or serious...

>:{ It looks awesome. Better than... Oh... You have a 290X Lightning...

I like it

Hated that thing, so annoying. Had two in CF, and one had artifacting even though they're "tested"

I bought them to run them at low fan speed since they are so beefy, but you can't control the middle fan which is sooo loud :( (so essentially pointless)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Hated that thing, so annoying. Had two in CF, and one had artifacting even though they're "tested"

I bought them to run them at low fan speed since they are so beefy, but you can't control the middle fan which is sooo loud :( (so essentially pointless)

Well I was going to insult his card since he insulted mine, but I like the Lightning too.

Strange. I've never heard a peep from mine, and I've certainly never experienced such artifacting problems. Defective unit, perhaps? I would think an RMA would've been in order.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

The Hawaii core is great the reference cooler on the 290/290x looks meh as hell but that's just me. I prefer my Lighting Cooler and PCB 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I have the R9 290 vapor-x

Love it. It stays cool and quiet. And even the VRMs stay very cool.

I upgraded from a Geforce 9600gt and the new GPU was so much bigger it was quite funny.

note- The old one isn't small that's full length blower cooler LOL.

2014_04_30_054.jpg

The Hawaii core is great the reference cooler on the 290/290x looks meh as hell but that's just me. I prefer my Lighting Cooler and PCB 

I might aftermarket cool mine somehow, don't know yet. But the chip is super capable, what a powerhouse.

I have the R9 290 vapor-x

Love it. It stays cool and quiet. And even the VRMs stay very cool.

I upgraded from a Geforce 9600gt and the new GPU was so much bigger it was quite funny. The old one isn't small.

Man, the Vapor-X is one of my favorite GPUs of all time, such an awesome card.

Well I was going to insult his card since he insulted mine, but I like the Lightning too.

I didn't insult yours, I just insulted...everyones' reference cards? :P

I don't think I like the look of really any reference cards tbh. The Titan X looks cool but the green lights ruin anything it had going for it. I do like the Fury X if you count that design as reference, which I suppose you would.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Nah nah, this is good enough for a full post.

I hope

Let us start a conversation then, I love my GTX 260 and R9 390 now :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I didn't insult yours, I just insulted...everyones' reference cards? :P

I don't think I like the look of really any reference cards tbh. The Titan X looks cool but the green lights ruin anything it had going for it. I do like the Fury X if you count that design as reference, which I suppose you would.

Well I like the Fury X as well, I mean who doesn't? :P

I might aftermarket cool mine somehow, don't know yet. But the chip is super capable, what a powerhouse.

Kraken G10 with a H55 would be smartest or get the corsair bracket and do that for best temps 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Let us start a conversation then, I love my GTX 260 and R9 390 now :P

Man the 390 is a 290 on steroids, gotta love it. I wish I had Hynix chips on my 290, I bet I could get the memory clocks way higher if they weren't Elpida chips. GTX 260, never owned one. I've owned a GT 610 (still own that one), a 750 Ti, and two GTX 760s (still have one that my dad is using).

It's such a great card :)

YES! Someone who gets it!

Can't tell if sarcastic or serious...

Serious.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC