So my ssd is almost full on 1st day

Spapbp

I copied my files to my new ssd, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, and it too full install my games like BF4, BF3, and GTA5. Should I just try to find 130GB worth of stuff to delete or is there a better way?

I copied my files to my new ssd, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, and it too full install my games like BF4, BF3, and GTA5. Should I just try to find 130GB worth of stuff to delete or is there a better way?

Most of us would put OS and Programs on SSD, and put large files and mass storage on HDD...

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

250GB isn't that much when it comes to AAA titles, if you didn't know.

BF4 with all of its DLC is around 70GB or so.

I used to be quite active here.

Generally speaking you only store commonly used files on smaller capacity SSDs, not everything; even if it can accommodate it all.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I would invest and get a HDD, because you should really be leaving at least 10% of your drive empty as it will slow down dramatically if it doesn't have 'room to breath'. This will cause programs to open slower etc. 

You will get obviously slower loading times, but not that much faster on an SSD.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Outside of my OS and I kept to a very afew specific programs and them maybe one or two games on my SSD. 

Intel i5 6600k

Powercolor AMD R9 390

Generally speaking you only store commonly used files on smaller capacity SSDs, not everything; even if it can accommodate it all.

I can get away with putting windows, most of the adobe cc suite, avid, maya, 3ds max, autocad, Renderman, and all the common apps on a 120gb ssd and still have 30gb available.

250gb is too small for all that shit.

My  250gb is just my boot drive for everything, and I'm using nearly half it's space. My 500gb SSD is for games, and I only put games I play a lot, or really need an SSD for, and it's 1/3-1/2 full

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I would invest and get a HDD, because you should really be leaving at least 10% of your drive empty as it will slow down dramatically if it doesn't have 'room to breath'. This will cause programs to open slower etc. 

You will get obviously slower loading times, but not that much faster on an SSD.

I do have a 1TB HDD. I shunk it down to 200GB. I copyed that, which may have been really dumb, probably should have made it smaller. I have about 50GB left of the SSD now, so i have the breathing room. I think I will go through my stuff on the ssd and try to install the programs on the HDD and delete if off the ssd.