RPCS3 (PS3 EMU) goes in game using DX12

LokiFire

No it doesn't. It requires a just in time cross-assembler. JVM has about 1/2 the speed of raw C++. That certainly isn't 10X. Now, having a perfectly closed translation scheme for both PowerPC instructions to x86 and old CELL-specific instructions to shader language is going to be difficult to create, but 10x? No.

But then would it still be 100% emulation? Wouldn't some games or apps run faster or slower than intended based on the host IPC?

EDIT: Assuming the games were written to use the Cell CPUs clock frequency as a basis for fps or how fast the code executes?

But your original reply was about the IPhone emulating PS3?

I was about it being easier to do using Vulkan (in general).

Edited by ionbasa

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Fair enough ;)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

But then would it still be 100% emulation? Wouldn't some games or apps run faster or slower than intended based on the host IPC?

EDIT: Assuming the games were written to use the Cell CPUs clock frequency as a basis for fps or how fast the code executes?

Frame-lock the window to 30fps. It's easy in GLUT. Depending on the window manager you use, it may even take care of the CPU-based physics systems (if it has to be initialized before everything else in the program).

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Forgot the rule of thumb with emulation -- effectively emulating other hardware generally requires 10x the processing power of original hardware, but yeah. You theoretically could. Not well, but you could.

Could you look at your PM's please ;)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

0: This is just about the perfect time to buy a PS3. The exclusive games are dirt cheap and the later gen console revisions of the hardware are far more reliable and cheap. Seriously this isn't (just) a smart ass response it is a good idea to get a PS3 (and even a 360) for the exclusives you might be missing.

Already have a PS3, i want the extra features that comes with emulators.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>