How to cool power delivery on 780 Lightning

Hi,

I have an MSI 780 Lightning going into a watercooled build and was wondering how I could cool the power delivery side of things.

Now the MSI 780 Lightning has a heat spreader that definitely cools the VRAM, but there are fins next to all of the power delivery components. Here is a link to a picture of the PCB with the heatspreader attached: http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/MSI-GeForce-GTX-780-Lightning_PCB.jpg

If I do need some sort of exotic cooling solution since I am using an EK thermosphere which is a universal block as they do not sell the full covers where I am from, please could somebody recommend what I should do to cool them.

Thanks in advance.

I would pick up a different block. A full cover block would be what you're looking for. Either that or pick up some third party heat spreaders and make sure you have plenty of air going to it from many fans. 

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Lots of items that I want in Aust arent here so we buying them internationally, considering the price of the card and the investment into watercooling, just buy one directly from EK and get it sent to you.

Moved to Water Cooling.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'd try and source a full block. You've got a card built for overclocking so might as well get a good cooling solution.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

OP: If you already have the Thermosphere, then you can try to reuse the cooling plate on the GPU, buy universal VRM/VRAM copper heatsinks, or buy a universal GPU VRM block. I would personally approach these solutions in order (atleast the first two) before resorting to buying a full cover block.