Mobo for 4590 (Merry Christmas)?

Merry Christmas all, So I have a budget of £85 (resident in the UK) and I want a mobo that will give me the best bang for my buck. i know that there is no need to get a Z97 but I'd quite like one (for the ability to get an unlocked i7 in the future). Basically I want as many features as I can get for that money. 

Any help gratefully received - hope you all got some nice computer related goodies for Christmas!

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

I foumd mobos at some net recomendations for buys and builds what people use with that processor so try searching :-)

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gah97md3h

Would this be a good recommendation? :D

t

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Merry Christmas all, So I have a budget of £85 (resident in the UK) and I want a mobo that will give me the best bang for my buck. i know that there is no need to get a Z97 but I'd quite like one (for the ability to get an unlocked i7 in the future). Basically I want as many features as I can get for that money. 

Any help gratefully received - hope you all got some nice computer related goodies for Christmas!

You could have a look into this offer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OIKLODK/?tag=pcp0f-21

Merry Christmas.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Choose between these.

All are great ones.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#c=99&l=2,1000&sort=d6&page=1&X=7489,8697

Those motherboards can support SLI as well as CF.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gah97md3h

Would this be a good recommendation? :D

t

The Op wants a Z97 board B)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

The Op wants a Z97 board B)

You could have a look into this offer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OIKLODK/?tag=pcp0f-21

Merry Christmas.

Damn thats a pretty good deal, worth the stretch :3.

also i couldn't find a fully solid choice of z97 or z87 board on PCP :') so i just thought i'd play it safe and go with H97 then just go Z170 for when i7 time comes.

but pretty much go for the msi board that was linked, that should be good.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

The Z97S SLI Krait Edition recommended above isn't a bad idea, as it gives you the ability to overclock, you can do two GPUs in SLI or Crossfire at x8 and x8, and since it's Z97 it supports faster RAM (I'm running a DDR3-2400 kit on mine). Plus it looks great if you have a window in your case. It got terrible reviews for gaming in the OC3D review which freaked me out when I found that review after buying it, but running graphical benches like Valley, Heaven, and Firestrike at 1440p I'm getting benches consistent with other published benchmarks for my card (EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0), so I don't think I'm being held back. I think in OC3D's review they must have gotten a bad board or perhaps it was damaged in shipping, or maybe it was due to the old BIOS (they did the review in Nov 2014 and I'm using an Aug 2015 BIOS). But the board works great for me. I'm using a locked processor though (Xeon E3-1231v3), so I can't give a first hand impression of the CPU overclocking other than to say it has a pretty easy BIOS to navigate. And I love being able to set fan curves for each fan in the system. The Hexus.net review done a few months later with a newer BIOS than the OC3D review gives it good marks in gaming performance, and seems more consistent with my experience running the Z97S Krait for a month (I bought it Black Friday).

Thank you all for your responses, I think I'm going to go with the Z97S SLI Krait. I didn't realise it also had M.2 which is tasty, plus the flexibility of running SLI or Crossfire! Can't wait to be back with Intel and I think this mobo will be my friend for some time.

Hope everyone has a great day, and a happy New Year!

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Thank you all for your responses, I think I'm going to go with the Z97S SLI Krait. I didn't realise it also had M.2 which is tasty, plus the flexibility of running SLI or Crossfire! Can't wait to be back with Intel and I think this mobo will be my friend for some time.

Yeah the three pounds extra is worth the money ;). Enjoy.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Quick derp... Will the Z97S SLI Krait fit inside this case? At the moment I have a 78LMT-USB 3 in there at the moment which is a micro ATX...

You might want to do some research on the M.2 on whether you can only use M.2 SATA devices or M.2 PCIE devices (only the PCIE ones are faster). I'm not sure if you can get the four full lanes you'd need for say a Samsung 950 Pro or if it only supports 2 lanes through the M.2. I didn't research it myself when I bought it since I don't have any intention of using the M.2 slot, as for most normal usage the high end stuff like the 950 Pro and the midrange stuff like the 850 EVO perform similarly. I think the expensive stuff like the 950 Pro is more for when you're ripping high bitrate video to your SSD and really need the extra speed.

Quick derp... Will the Z97S SLI Krait fit inside this case? At the moment I have a 78LMT-USB 3 in there at the moment which is a micro ATX...

Aight seems like there´s some clarification needed.

This case features ATX, mATX and ITX boards. So you´re save. And the mainboard features M.2 and SATA Express. If you are going to use M.2 (which I highly recommend in form of the Samsung 950 PRO) you could still use SATA Express if needed. Usually that won´t be necessary. Modern systems feature a super fast OS drive and maybe a bigger SSD for games and if needed a storage drive or cache drive (I use a WD Blue as cache just for rendering and compressing).

Great thanks for the info. So I just tried to get a Z97S Krait Sli but Amazon literally just sold out. I'm an impatient bugger so I was wondering if anyone could recommend something else that offers the same for a similar price point?

Great thanks for the info. So I just tried to get a Z97S Krait Sli but Amazon literally just sold out. I'm an impatient bugger so I was wondering if anyone could recommend something else that offers the same for a similar price point?

Well you just waited for too long, this motherboard is amazing for the feature and looks that it offers. They state though that they will have it back in stock December 30th.

EDIT: 2 pounds more but also one hell of a mainboard. AS Rock are amazing boards. They only got one left and the looks are sharper with the KRAIT but this is also a bad boy for the money ;). It supports CF but unfortunately not SLI though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KAZPXUM/?tag=pcp0f-21

Well you just waited for too long, this motherboard is amazing for the feature and looks that it offers. They state though that they will have it back in stock December 30th.

EDIT: 2 pounds more but also one hell of a mainboard. AS Rock are amazing boards. They only got one left and the looks are sharper with the KRAIT but this is also a bad boy for the money ;). It supports CF but unfortunately not SLI though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KAZPXUM/?tag=pcp0f-21

Great advice Najuno, and yeah I so should have grabbed it when I had the chance... It was a case of popping to the loo and coming back to find none left. Gutted. How about this board

Great advice Najuno, and yeah I so should have grabbed it when I had the chance... It was a case of popping to the loo and coming back to find none left. Gutted. How about this board

I don´t live in the UK so I can´t tell how good or bad this shop is but they´ve got it.

http://www.cclonline.com/product/172279/Z97S-SLI-KRAIT-EDITION/Motherboards/MSI-Z97S-SLI-KRAIT-EDITION-Motherboard-LGA1150-Socket-Intel-Z97-Express-ATX-/MBD1473/?siteID=8BacdVP0GFs-GUjzIG6bxrHETO2kdig1gQ