Unsure how to fix this....

Sovek
Go to solution Solved by SirDucksallot,

Huh thats really weird.Can you do me a favour and run a Chkdsk /f /r?

Ok, so this has been going on and now things are real bad and I'm working on no sleep :(

For the past week my computer has radomly locked up while browsing the internet (Chrome), Sometimes it would unfreeze, others... not so much. A restart would fix the problem. It also seems to be completely at random. A/V and Spyware scans come back clean. Now after I was playing Kerbal Space Program, the computer suddenly crashed without reason (had Chrome open in the background listening to some music) and any attempts to load into windows fails. It just goes to a black screen and nothing. I can get into safe mode no problem and Ubuntu, but regular windows is a no-go.

I doubt its the GPU as I can load into Ubuntu just fine as is and can play back video at 1080.

Windows 7

Intel i3 2100

1TB WD HDD Blue

8GB DDR 1333 RAM

GTX 460

Ok, so this has been going on and now things are real bad and I'm working on no sleep :(

For the past week my computer has radomly locked up while browsing the internet (Chrome), Sometimes it would unfreeze, others... not so much. A restart would fix the problem. It also seems to be completely at random. A/V and Spyware scans come back clean. Now after I was playing Kerbal Space Program, the computer suddenly crashed without reason (had Chrome open in the background listening to some music) and any attempts to load into windows fails. It just goes to a black screen and nothing. I can get into safe mode no problem and Ubuntu, but regular windows is a no-go.

I doubt its the GPU as I can load into Ubuntu just fine as is and can play back video at 1080.

Windows 7

Intel i3 2100

1TB WD HDD Blue

8GB DDR 1333 RAM

GTX 460

have you ran memtest just to be sure? also are there any crash reports collected by windows? What tasks are you running in the background? Try disabling all the once you don't need and unplug any usb or other device you don't need. Did you reinstall the cpu drivers yet, if not try that and report back your findings...

Disabled the startup programs, I havn't tried taking out the actual sound card (which was the only thing in the startup), no tasks other than the GPU itself, and unable to attempt to re-install the GPU driver due to it not letting me install in safe mode (pfft).

I do not know how to get into the crash reports or how to access the dump files. CPU drivers, never heard of that one before. 

Memtest 86+ came clean on its first pass, and besides, if it was the RAM it would probably crash on Ubuntu as well. 

I get the loading windows screen, I can't confirm this but I think as soon as the GPU drivers are started up, it crashes. At least, thats what it seems like. Blank screen, and the GPU no longer sends a signal.

Disabled the startup programs, I havn't tried taking out the actual sound card (which was the only thing in the startup), no tasks other than the GPU itself, and unable to attempt to re-install the GPU driver due to it not letting me install in safe mode (pfft).

I do not know how to get into the crash reports or how to access the dump files. CPU drivers, never heard of that one before. 

Memtest 86+ came clean on its first pass, and besides, if it was the RAM it would probably crash on Ubuntu as well. 

I get the loading windows screen, I can't confirm this but I think as soon as the GPU drivers are started up, it crashes. At least, thats what it seems like. Blank screen, and the GPU no longer sends a signal.

sorry i meant cpu driver in the first place i would really try reinstalling those there is a way to do that in save mode just google it it might work... worth a try

Open Command Promt as Administrator,type in sfc /scannow and let it run.It will verify integrity of your windows files.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

Open Command Promt as Administrator,type in sfc /scannow and let it run.It will verify integrity of your windows files.

Have done that, it closes on its own after running a while, no messages saying if its good or bad.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

yeah, chkdsk is on my list of things to do, cant do it ATM since I am not at home to work on the problem.

I am kind of leaning towards a bad GPU. Not sure though.