What's up with the Oculus Rift?

byalexandr

I mean, I've heard about this VR and several others several years ago. Why is it taking so long to develop and hasn't Oculus said they were going to release it like way long ago? What happened? And why is this industry so slow? How come the only VR headsets we can buy are crappy ones from Samsung that uses your phone when we were promised technology ahead of the Oculus Rift by now?

The pron apps are still under devlopnent to make it an immersive and real ultimate experience

Because John Carmack took over as project lead, and it's almost done.  He just reengineered it.  You know how Carmack loves to delay shit.  xD

So that's why it was delayed so much? Why hasn't anyone else jumped on the VR train? The only thing I can think of is the HTC thing that Valve uses as part of the Steam OS line, but that thing sucks.

Carmack's a perfectionist, so ya.  And, I believe a few have though they aren't done either.  Sony I believe has one.

Man I can't believe how slow the industry is... Several companies can't get it right and one is trying way too hard to perfect it.

Cause there's not enough demand to make vr top priority for every company to jump into the wagon