X99 Motherboard

I have a 5930k coming in and I need to know what is the best motherboard. I don't mean the most expensive, but the one that gives you the most without breaking the bank.

I've been looking at the MSI X99A, but what do you all think?

Asus, or Gigabyte, I haven't used MSI in 10 years... I hope they've gotten better, lots of folks seem to love them. They look great by the way but my last MSI build was a 64FX. 

Asus, or Gigabyte, I haven't used MSI in 10 years... I hope they've gotten better, lots of folks seem to love them. They look great by the way but my last MSI build was a 64FX. 

I currently have an MSI motherboard running in my PC and I used MSI in my first build, never had any issues with them.

I currently have an MSI motherboard running in my PC and I used MSI in my first build, never had any issues with them.

If you are looking for the 400 or so price boards then this is another option.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132505

cheaper $300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128771

I ended up going with the MSI X99A Gaming 7 for my new system. It appeared to have a good balance of features and price. Though a big thing for me was the way it managed the PCIe lanes. I'd have to look for the 5930k, however with the 5820k it allows for triple SLI 8x8x8x, while saving 4x for a PCIe M.2 SSD.

I ended up going with the MSI X99A Gaming 7 for my new system. It appeared to have a good balance of features and price. Though a big thing for me was the way it managed the PCIe lanes. I'd have to look for the 5930k, however with the 5820k it allows for triple SLI 8x8x8x, while saving 4x for a PCIe M.2 SSD.

If running triple SLI you might want to opt for the 5960X, you'll be bottlenecking even with it. Otherwise just stick with 2 cards. 

If running triple SLI you might want to opt for the 5960X, you'll be bottlenecking even with it. Otherwise just stick with 2 cards. 

To be fair I'm not really expecting to run triple cards, but I do like having that flexibility. The thing is that with the 40 Lane chips the M.2 slot is limited to 2x when running 3 cards, as they run 16x16x8x, forcing the M.2 to use the DMI bus.