Annoying Noise from Monitor

Jishaku

I was using my HP w2408h and Sony TV as dual screen setup without any problems.

But since I added an Asus PG279Q as main Monitor the HP monitor started making a noise like a bug hitting a hot bulb over and over again.

This only occurs while the monitor is turned on and in an interval of 0.2 to 3 seconds.

Please help it´s driving me crazy

I was using my HP w2408h and Sony TV as dual screen setup without any problems.

But since I added an Asus PG279Q as main Monitor the HP monitor started making a noise like a bug hitting a hot bulb over and over again.

This only occurs while the monitor is turned on and in an interval of 0.2 to 3 seconds.

Please help it´s driving me crazy

While not exactly the same, I have a similar issue with my HP monitor.  When it's turned on displaying something its fine, but when my computer is either asleep or shut down, the monitor makes this ridiculous screeching noise, like extremely bad coil whine.  My issue can be overcome by unplugging the monitor when I turn off my computer, a real pain but it works I guess.

Does the monitor still make the noise if it is the only monitor connected to the computer?  Are you using a different input on the monitor now that it's not the primary one?  Any way to try a different input and see if it still makes the noise?

Are you now using all three displays at once, or just the Asus and HP ones?

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)