Upgrade Acer Aspire X1700

techofgiel
Go to solution Solved by ashypanda,

obviously you're not going to max out the game but it should play very well, and a GTX 750 Ti draws 60 watts stock so it should run as long as you're not going to be overclocking it, and if your PSU has at least one 6 pin PCI-E connector it'll definitely run, although to be safe it'd be better to look at no factory overclocked version.

Hi,

My sole purpose of my future PC is to game with it. So I have the Acer aspire X1700 and my plan would be to put all of the components in a bigger case. For the graphics card I would go for a Nvidia GTX 750 TI from EVGA. And I would upgrade the RAM memory to 8 GB. The power supply is a 220 W, would that be enough? And the CPU, Intel core 2 quad Q6600 with 2.4 GHz, would this be a case of bottlenecking?

Would I by the way be able to play Just Cause 3 with this setup? I know GTA 5 should be possible but I am wondering for JC3.

With kind regards

for gaming that should be ok, but just be prepared for it not lasting more than say 2-3 years before it starts to really struggle with games.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

for gaming that should be ok, but just be prepared for it not lasting more than say 2-3 years before it starts to really struggle with games.

that's not really a problem :) Will the 200W power supply make it? and could the system handle just cause 3? As you see the minimum requirements below

System Requirements
  • MINIMUM:
    • OS: Vista SP2 / Windows 7.1 SP1 / Windows 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required) 
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k, 3.3GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3GHz 
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) 
    • Storage: 54 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • OS: Vista SP2 / Windows 7.1 SP1 / Windows 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required) 
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) / AMD R9 290 (4GB) 
    • Storage: 54 GB available space

obviously you're not going to max out the game but it should play very well, and a GTX 750 Ti draws 60 watts stock so it should run as long as you're not going to be overclocking it, and if your PSU has at least one 6 pin PCI-E connector it'll definitely run, although to be safe it'd be better to look at no factory overclocked version.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB