grey thermal paste turned to white

ben dover kid

so yesterday when i upgraded my mobo+cpu i noticed that grey thermal paste had turned to white(on the old mobo)... is that normal? fyi that thermal paste was some cheap shit 

Even the best TIM only cost like £10, just get some good stuff.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Yes it is normal for cheaper TIMs. The cheaper TIMs tend to change to a whitish colour when they dry out, quiet normal.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Even the best TIM only cost like £10, just get some good stuff.

i have mx-4 now, but i just wonder what magical things have happend to that earlier shitpaste. also that cpu is stuck on the mobo lmao. how can i get it out, just in case im going to sell them someday

Yes it is normal for cheaper TIMs. The cheaper TIMs tend to change to a whitish colour when they dry out, quiet normal.

dry out? no wonder the heatsink was stuck on the cpu 

dry out? no wonder the heatsink was stuck on the cpu 

Well the heatsink is supposed to make a sort of "suction" hold on the CPU but yes, the cheaper TIMs tend to dry out just after a few weeks of operation which is why most builders get better quality TIMs. I myself like IC Diamond because of how long it works and lasts between changes, going on three years since i changed my GPU and CPU and still cools great.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.