FPS and temp issues with R9 390 plz help

Ok so about 2 days ago i started playing games GTA V and Fallout 4 in my pc i5 4690k, r9 390, 8gb gskill ram.

However, I have started to notice an fps drop in both games. I opened MSI after burner after about two hours worth of gaming(not all at once) and fond out my temps were at 93 Celcius!!!!!

Did i burn my graphics card? This happened ever since I got the crimson drivers. Is there a solutiuon? please help I just built my rig with brand new parts about two months ago.

Ok so about 2 days ago i started playing games GTA V and Fallout 4 in my pc i5 4690k, r9 390, 8gb gskill ram.

However, I have started to notice an fps drop in both games. I opened MSI after burner after about two hours worth of gaming(not all at once) and fond out my temps were at 93 Celcius!!!!!

Did i burn my graphics card? This happened ever since I got the crimson drivers. Is there a solutiuon? please help I just built my rig with brand new parts about two months ago.

inb4, should of bought a 970gtx ;)

But in seriousness, no your card aint burnt, it throttles back at around 94C I believe, that FPS drop is due to that throttling. You need to work out why your temps are so high. How clean are your fans and heatsinks? How hot is your house at the moment?

In addition, the Crimson drivers did bring a gpu fan issue on first release, so please make sure you have the latest version.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

No, your card is fine. Like Stealth said, it automatically slows down at higher temperatures.

Is your room hot? What type of fans do you have in your build (Including CPU and case fans)?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Take it apart and clean it.Make sure every fan works.Apply a custom fan curve thats more agreessive if nothing of the above fixes it.Also yea,if you are running a early crimson version update it,theres some bug that forces your card's fans to run at low RPM.

Shark Rampage V: AMD FX-4350 @ 4.5GHz(1.404 Volts) / Hyper 212 Evo / Gigabyte 750Ti (1405MHz Core,3200MHz Memory @ stock voltage) / Kington HyperX Fury 8 Gigs 1866MHz Dual channel / ASUS M5A97 R2.0 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM / 850Evo 250GB / XFX TS 550w 80+ Bronze Sharkoon VG4-W

290/390's are "stable..." and run at 93-94c (At 94 they will throttle). From personal experience of owning two 290x's previously you need to push a very aggressive fan curve on them to keep them around 80-85c maximum for them to be stable.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Take it apart and clean it.Make sure every fan works.Apply a custom fan curve thats more agreessive if nothing of the above fixes it.Also yea,if you are running a early crimson version update it,theres some bug that forces your card's fans to run at low RPM.

No, your card is fine. Like Stealth said, it automatically slows down at higher temperatures.

Is your room hot? What type of fans do you have in your build (Including CPU and case fans)?

inb4, should of bought a 970gtx ;)

But in seriousness, no your card aint burnt, it throttles back at around 94C I believe, that FPS drop is due to that throttling. You need to work out why your temps are so high. How clean are your fans and heatsinks? How hot is your house at the moment?

In addition, the Crimson drivers did bring a gpu fan issue on first release, so please make sure you have the latest version.

Ok well I have one of those cases that doesnt have alot of intake since it is suppost to be silent, the H440 my rig is new but the filters are extremely dusty so i will clean them. But is it normal for the idle temps to be at 64 degrees celcius!?

Did i burn my graphics card? This happened ever since I got the crimson drivers. Is there a solutiuon? please help I just built my rig with brand new parts about two months ago

Hello RLGUY i got the same problems with crimson drivers, amd announced on their twitter this problem will be solved, until now just keep an ear on your fans noise (to be sure they are spinning) and use it on Manual fan control 75% depends on what temps are you getting on games,!

And yes last night i downloaded the latest driver but still have idle temps of... 68 celcius and ever since i got these driver ive expierenced masssive fps drops in these games the only mod i installed to GTA V is scripthook 5 and i uninstalled that. For fallout 4 it was just a pip boy change mod. My room temp is around 70 farenheit.

Hello RLGUY i got the same problems with crimson drivers, amd announced on their twitter this problem will be solved, until now just keep an ear on your fans noise (to be sure they are spinning) and use it on Manual fan control 75% depends on what temps are you getting on games,!

Ok thanks i am a newbie to fan adjustments  and OCing but will find out, are you still having these problems with the latest crimson drivers?

my clock speeds are 1040mhz

memory clock at 1500mhz

Ok thanks i am a newbie to fan adjustments  and OCing but will find out, are you still having these problems with the latest crimson drivers?

yes i still have this problems with crimson drivers, i downgraded my drivers , i reinstalled windows and use the old drivers, and i got the same problem, maybe amd F**ed up something on our video cards bios.. all you have to do now its : watch ur fans every 5-10 mins, to be sure they are spinning, driver shows fan speed 85% but they can be stopped so be carefull.! and wait the new update!

yes i still have this problems with crimson drivers, i downgraded my drivers , i reinstalled windows and use the old drivers, and i got the same problem, maybe amd F**ed up something on our video cards bios.. all you have to do now its : watch ur fans every 5-10 mins, to be sure they are spinning, driver shows fan speed 85% but they can be stopped so be carefull.! and wait the new update!

What crimson driver are you running? did u get the 5.12 one? and i just ramped up my fans to 75% manually. Also what was the date of them saying that would be fixed because if we have the latest updates and our cards are still f*cked up.

What crimson driver are you running? did u get the 5.12 one? and i just ramped up my fans to 75% manually. Also what was the date of them saying that would be fixed because if we have the latest updates and our cards are still f*cked up.

Capture.jpg they said it will be a fix soon like 1 week!

Capture.jpg they said it will be a fix soon like 1 week!

Can u send me link to tweet i hope its not to  much to ask thanks!

I believe they have already fixed this and since then there have been two driver updates for the R9 390 they released one on the 16th of december but im still having low fps issues and temp issues

i suggest you to uninstall current drivers>restart pc> clean with CC cleaner registry and everything you can> and then install fresh new driver

i suggest you to uninstall current drivers>restart pc> clean with CC cleaner registry and everything you can> and then install fresh new driver

Is that what you did, did it work?

Really want to make sure that your case has a ton of ventilation because the MSI cooler needs a TON of air. Try running with the side panel off and see how much air it's moving. You can also monitor the fan speed from afterburner. If that doesn't work and the fans are maxing themselves out, try repasting. I myself, had heat issues in the Noctis 450 because it didn't have enough air.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

should of bought 970

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

290/390's are "stable..." and run at 93-94c (At 94 they will throttle). From personal experience of owning two 290x's previously you need to push a very aggressive fan curve on them to keep them around 80-85c maximum for them to be stable.

The MSI 390 shouldn't get to more than 80c even with a very aggressive overclock. Most likely the temps should be at 75c under full load with the stock fan curve. The 390 coolers are really superior to most of the 290x coolers.

Is that what you did, did it work?

AMD fixed that issue and it was mainly with cards that had a custom fan curve. Monitor the fan in afterburner and see how fast the fans are moving.

"Should've" my friends. 

AMD fixed that issue and it was mainly with cards that had a custom fan curve. Monitor the fan in afterburner and see how fast the fans are moving.

I just finished playing a csgo comp match 5 mins ago my idle temps are at 69 celcius and the fan is at auto at 48% with a clock of 1040,