Radeon and Quadro in one System?

Go to solution Solved by byalexandr,

It would work. Quadro cards are pretty expensive though and I would recommend getting a GeForce card instead.

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to run an AMD Radeon Graphics Card along side a NVIDIA Quadro.

So here's my problem:

1. I'm on a really tight budget.

2. I'm currently using a Radeon HD7770 (I know that's an old card, but it delivers enough power for my dayly use and all games I play).

3. I'm now working with some Applications that coud extremly benefit from CUDA or OpenCL (I got some performance issues...)

Because I'm on a tight budget I was looking forward to just buying one of the cheaper NVIDIA Quadro's (arround 200€)

And run it alongside my Radeon.

I would like to use the Radeon like I did before and the Quadro just to render CUDA (without any monitor attached to the Quadro).

[i'm using Win7 BTW]

So.... Is it worth it and would it even work?

(Sry for bad English)

It would work. Quadro cards are pretty expensive though and I would recommend getting a GeForce card instead.

If those applications can also run on opencl I suggest you buy an r9 290, it's a monster and can be found for cheap.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If those applications can also run on opencl I suggest you buy an r9 290, it's a monster and can be found for cheap.

Thank you for the suggestion, but from what I know, CUDA performs a LOT better in these Applications than OpenCL.

You'd get better CUDA performance with a GeForce card than a Quadro.

But for 200€ I would hardly get a 960 here in germany, so I don't think that's worth the cost, is it?

But for 200€ I would hardly get a 960 here in germany, so I don't think that's worth the cost, is it?

And for that same price you'd get a bottom end Quadro card. The 960 would perform much better.

Yes. A 960 will deliver better performance than (say) a Quadro K620

Thank you for the suggestion, but from what I know, CUDA performs a LOT better in these Applications than OpenCL.

What applications are these? just out of curiosity.

Either way, if you can get your hands on a (maybe used?) gtx 780 it should be about equivalent to the 290, but with cuda.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What applications are these? just out of curiosity.

Either way, if you can get your hands on a (maybe used?) gtx 780 it should be about equivalent to the 290, but with cuda.

Davinci Resolve 12 and Photophop are the most important.

So the op is on a really tight budget... Wants a quadro. Someone make a meme, quick!

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!