FSB OC Core 2 Duo Mac

Just found my old 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Mini. It would be nice to use as a web browsing machine, but is a tad sluggish. Just had the thought of overclocking the FSB like you can on most pre-built Windows Core 2 machines. Is it possible to do on a Mac with some kind of software? Thanks in advance!

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

I believe Macs use a locked UEFI BIOS, you cant access it, and since they're locked you cant modify anything, you may be able to do something through bootcamp in windows software wise but the most I've ever seen is overclocking the GPU. since apple locked it down sooooo tightly I'd say you can't but there might be hope, there's a few web sites dedicated to teaching you how to modify and upgrade early mac minis, you might have hope there with a quick google search ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they use the mobile Core2 CPUs in the Mac mini? If it's a desktop part you can do the bsel mod.

I doubt the machine has a PLL supported by setFSB but you can have a look.

Just found my old 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Mini. It would be nice to use as a web browsing machine, but is a tad sluggish. Just had the thought of overclocking the FSB like you can on most pre-built Windows Core 2 machines. Is it possible to do on a Mac with some kind of software? Thanks in advance!

The only way to OC a Mac since you can't access any BIOS is to use bootcamp and then use SetFSB 2.0 to overclock the bus speed on stock voltage, then do a reset and boot back into Mac OS, if you power the system down completely you will lose you OC.... so in short, huge hassle, not worth it, not much to gain. If you want to experiment and kill some time when you're bored one day jump on it.

Edit: I'm not sure what machines SetFSB 2.0 will work on either, especially since it hasn't been updated in like 5 years... I think. It might not even run on Windows 7 or Windows 10 for all I know. I haven't actually looked into it in a few years, this is all from memory.