Is the Cryorig H7 worth it?

Chocolate

its a great cooler. beats the 212 evo by a small amout

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

YES. It is worth it so much. It's a great cooler and i use it on my overclocked 4690K

i doubt that

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/6.html

beat the 212 evo by 3 C

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

It's good. If you're looking for a similar alternative, the Pure Rock is taller cooler with worse mounting hardware but is quieter: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well It is pretty good, in some other topic I asked for help on, I mentioned I used the H7 and in my case, with my chip (4690k) being now overclocked to 4.5 at 1.330V (still testing this setup) I get load temps of 83ºC tops with a good cooling and fan profile setup. 
With 1.290V it gets to aroung 66/67ºC. This, with an ambient temperature of 19/20ºC. 

I use Asus' Fan Xpert to create the fan curves so my CPU fan is usually around 600/700RPM, it can reach 1600rpm though. 

It's a pretty good cooler, and the quality is incredible, nice fins, nice rubber pads in the corner of the fan, quite silent and really really easy to install - for my first build I had no trouble with it! 

It is also smaller that the 212 evo, that's why I chose it, so it could fit in the case I wanted. I would really recommend it.

It is a good cooler, I too have it on my younger son's 4690K, with a mild overclock and it does perform better than the prior EVO 212.

My only gripe is the mounting hardware.  It has a backplate, but the plate is held by the mounitng screws, which pass all the way through, have spacers on the front side of the MB, and then must be screwed directly into the heat sink mounting flanges.

Unlike many other coolers, this set-up requires you to have physical access to both sides of the MB at the same time - holding the cooler in place while you screw in the pins from the backside.  Meaning - realistically - it can only be done by having the motherboard in a vertical position.  As I like to use the 'pea' method for applying TIM this makes it more difficult to ensure an even spread that can be better accomplished when the heat sink is applied and screwed down while the motherboard is horizontal.

It's a wonky way to do things, but it obviously helps keep the price down, and it can be done successfully.

It is a good cooler, I too have it on my younger son's 4690K, with a mild overclock and it does perform better than the prior EVO 212.

My only gripe is the mounting hardware. It has a backplate, but the plate is held by the mounitng screws, which pass all the way through, have spacers on the front side of the MB, and then must be screwed directly into the heat sink mounting flanges.

Unlike many other coolers, this set-up requires you to have physical access to both sides of the MB at the same time - holding the cooler in place while you screw in the pins from the backside. Meaning - realistically - it can only be done by having the motherboard in a vertical position. As I like to use the 'pea' method for applying TIM this makes it more difficult to ensure an even spread that can be better accomplished when the heat sink is applied and screwed down while the motherboard is horizontal.

It's a wonky way to do things, but it obviously helps keep the price down, and it can be done successfully.

Oh, I just realized that the top 2 screws of the backplate are covered by the case...