Mahogany Desk, Build of the Year 2018

Koverhar

C-L-E-A-N

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

This is absolutely most epic build what i have ever seen!

someday when i got my own man cave i want something like this too.

Man, this is the most beautiful piece of art ive ever seen! I'm in awe!

Once I'm done school and have my own place I might do something similar myself!

I can't wait to see further progress!

Wish you nothing but the best of luck and cheerful times in the continuation of the build!

Have an amazing day bud!

Thanks for the kind comments!

Time to do a small update. Getting my chromeparts back the 17th of marsh

Got my cableholders back from powder coating. Each hole holds 6 MDPC 16 gauge wires and the bigger hole on the righthand side keeps 5 satadata cables.

[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Had to make a truly wooden pc to do the cables for the motherboard without ripping out my motherboard in my current pc

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Got a few layers of the key as well to keep the grease and dirt of my fingers away from the wood. The wood is Flaming Birch

[IMG] 

And here's my lamp that will be in the same room as my desk. Just for the luls

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Just started with this and it's not really a priority but if anyone wanna make a lamp here's 1 way to do it :)

• 1 month later...

That monitor mount is so cool, this is well made!

I was the kid with nothing but participant trophies on the shelf 

It is time then. Second to last assembly. This time every single thing will be built into the table with the exception of putting in the water. Then disassembly one final time prep the parts and go to town and hope the end result was worth it.

With that being said here we go. 

I just love how nickel plating looks and feels. I had to clean them up a bit with window cleaner but they were looking fantastic in general

[IMG] 
[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Starting from scratch again pretty much :)

1 LEG!

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Had to change the type of bolt for aesthetic reasons

[IMG] 
[IMG] 

2 legs now and some interior panels :)

[IMG] 

Time for the radiator grills :)
[IMG] 

Portside

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

And Starboard

[IMG] 

Installing the big ones

[IMG] 

With the special fasteners

[IMG] 

Also put in a bit of a cheat to make sure they didn't sag at all. Screw wont be visible

[IMG] 

Key mechanism installed

[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Had to cut a hole out of the back panel to feed motherboard cables to the screen etc. This won't be visible either

[IMG] 
[IMG] 

Painted the reinforcement

[IMG] 

All chromed parts in place

[IMG] 
[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Key in place as well as the usb/audio plate also that nickel plated. Key as previously made from flaming birch. 5 or 6 layers of 2 component varnish to not stain the wood.

[IMG] 

I like the color scheme

[IMG] 

Monitor back on with the glass

[IMG] 

A lot of photos. Outside is pretty much finished except the wood needs to get that nanosanding done to gloss it up a bit more

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG]

Made a video for you so you can get a feeling for moving around the build. I suck at photography so it's hard for me to capture the grandure

holy hell!
I... I... I need a fresh set of underwear...
But damn, I have never seen anything as beautiful as this! Damn good work! Im in awe!

• 2 weeks later...
Time for a small update. Parts will start to get installed tommorow :)

Anyways let's get going, repainted and extended the black to now have any wood show in bad places from the outside

[IMG] 

We made a part for the ethernet and power cable. This way you can easily connect and disconnect the cables with 4x m8 bolts. Obviously this gets powdercoated too

[IMG] 

This will hold a lot of weight if need be. No chance of power cable coming loose

[IMG] 

Pumps arrived, remade the stands for them as well. You'll see how they're mounted very soon (Mainframe m7 )

[IMG] 

Hinges mounted

[IMG] 

Love how it reflects everything :)

[IMG] 

Testing the 2 component epoxy glue on some other glass. Supposedly an area of 56 square centimeters should hold 7000kg of tension force. 

[IMG] 

Protecting the wood and hinges from the glue if we get it wrong and use too much. I recommend this specific frozen pizza package for this ;)

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Wide shot with the hinges in. No picture with the glass glued because i'll let it cure overnight just to make sure

[IMG] 
On 4/26/2018 at 8:27 PM, Mnpctech said:

very nice, reminds me of captain nemo

Thanks man. Watched your stuff for years

Honestly, at this point I really hope this gets a video with @LinusTech checking it out! 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

This is amazing :) Although I feel that those hinges need some sand blasting to smooth out the welds a bit more :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Got the hinges finally glued and glass works :) I gotta say though this was by far the hardest part of the build for us. Like really time consuming and really challenging. Took 3 people to mount this thing and figuring out how to do these hinges was a pain but I'm so happy it's done :)

[IMG] 

[IMG] ¨

This is fully enough so you can reach the components if need be

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Parts getting installed. The pumps the Psu and the 360 rad are now bolted down. With the first official hardline pipe as well :) 

[IMG] 

Bad picture but here's how I'm getting through the wood, There's no joint at all actually :)

[IMG] 

The pumps.

[IMG]

One word: amazing.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

Not a lot left no, just gotta get the waterjet to cut out my pipe strengthener bits and get those powdercoated and final assembly can commence. Here's a small sneakpeak :)

[IMG] 

New

Finally got cables done. Done a few special ones like feeding the pumps and the fans on the same cable with 5 volts going to the fans and 12 to the pumps, Installing all of these bad boys next week

[IMG]

There's plenty of future expansionroom. Got myself another row of connectors ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

The pipes are done as well but they will go out and in one more time so you'll get more pictures after

[IMG]

Actually sleeved the cables outside the pc as well :D

[IMG]

Time for final assembly. Bit time consuming but fun :D

So everything went out and the wood got polished a final time with some carvarnish and canvas. Then the cable combs were predrilled and installed. Then taken out again :D

[IMG] 

Then panels were put in and the cables thrown there.

[IMG] 

Bad picture but that small box keeps all the 230 volt. So we get cables for the screen, DAC and psu while using minimal space

[IMG] 

After a few hours of getting frustrated the combs were installed. This is a 2 man job:D one guy holding the comb while the other inserts 72 cables in order

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Still got to watercut a comb or 2 for the 24pin atx and satapower so this is a bit of a mess still. Good enough to get running though.

[IMG] 

Apologies for those expecting the newest coolest gpus etc. This is my old trusted 3930k-i7 and 2 gtx 980s. I trust this rig and there wasn't money to buy brand new stuff

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Work continues but not that much longer left :D

Well small one but here goes:

The pipe strengtheners are done. Testmounted them already but you will see them again. Basically drew them up in CAD and watercut some 1365 hardened steel (10mm thick), This is the biggest one holding 3 pipes but there's about 16 parts total to this system.I tried to rock the pipes really hard but they didn't move so hopefully they will hold for transportation.

[IMG] 

Also the ODAC and usb hub is ready for use. And also the custom Headphone stand to match :D

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

Also here I was worried about strength so the plate (6mm) between the odac and the usb hub is welded to the frontplate which is 4 mm. Then bolted through with m5 screws hopefully this will survive daily use.

[IMG] 

Not to make marketing but I love these cans. Pure delight

[IMG] 

• 2 weeks later...

This would be my ultimate end-game for pc building. It looks amazing. Good Work.

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

• 2 weeks later...

So I was invited to compete at the Dreamhack Masters modding competition. And some problems had to be solved so here's some pictures on how you move a pc that weighs well over 200kg when packaged

Truck coming

[IMG] 

Sturdy package. about 500 screws glued waterproof and reinforced. Also coated in dampening materials on the inside

[IMG] 

Up she goes!

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

By all accounts the lift was succesful, The build will be considered complete at the end of this month where I have some decent photos of it

[IMG] 

[IMG] 

My pc won the Dreamhack Summer 2018 Masters modding competition!!

Final photos of the computer and finish of the build will come in the start of next month. I wanna thank everyone at the Dreamhack crew for helping me move this monster back and forth. Special thanks to Erik, DH Pontus and Alfred you know who you are :D

[IMG] 

[IMG]