Mahogany Desk, Build of the Year 2018

Koverhar

Well I looked at Riwa aquaramas (riviera runabout boats) and I wanted to do go with the same philosophy towards computers. Combining raw power and performance but making it elegant and effortless. The idea of a table started when I saw l3p do his a few years back. I loved it but I'm not a fan of the christmas-tree-e lighting etc so hence I'm going for a look like in the picture below.

The Riwa aquarama:

riva-aquarama-wood-boat-image-photo-at-1

Wow. Thats More than I expected xD

Spoiler

It's time to continue. The table did some travelling and is now at home again:D

US7xlPj.jpg

ShAoQHz.jpg

I didn't show you guys earlier but here is how the legs mount on to the frame. I use m5 bols and treads and tighten them from underneath. With a total of 4 for each leg. Images below

fAWwVEi.jpg

XUXrP7W.jpg

Added an angle to the legs as you can see here

2fUVCSJ.jpg

Here's the bolts. It will be covered so don't mind how ugly it is atm

JXfCMGn.jpg

Onto the radiators. First the small ut60 alphacool 360. This one is running on 3 noiseblockers in pull.

QqFTCEA.jpg

From the side

giMUlKU.jpg

Radiator number 2. The alphacool 140 ut60. Noiseblocker in pull on this 1 as well

63AvNV0.jpg

C8zClQh.jpg

Radiator number 3 the massive nexxos monstah 560. This is a tight squeeze. It's running in push pull. The air will go right through the table here.

ObzvsSz.jpg

It takes up quite a substantial amount of space in the radiator bay as seen here

mHR2uBu.jpg

iYvJYCU.jpg

And a forth radiator for good measure. Same one as before. Bringing a total of 2x560 monstahs 1x360 ut 60 and 1x140 ut 60 cooling capacity. Hopefully it will be enough!

w66VN4G.jpg

I need a HDD bay. I'm going to take 1 from a cosmos 2. But this plastic needs to go

CiDSEel.jpg

That's better! added the ax1500i as well. Gonna need a lot of power to power up this beast

Ltsx6sv.jpg

Some simple Pump mounts

viUIpn2.jpg

With a d5 mounted, added some rubber in between to kill vibrations

6fGk3ac.jpg

This build is giving me a funny tingling in my pants <3

I kinda speed read some parts so might have miss it, but how tall is the desk and you? Looks kinda short from the angles. Are you a little person? O.o

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

For anyone wondering it's a lot of parts that goes in:D

3QWwIPA.jpg

Testing how my "control panels" fit.  The computer will be started with the turn of a key instead of the usual on/off button. The ignition will go there.

OwraVPA.jpg

First time PSU running and all the fans. I configured them the following way. 2 knobs for each monstah rad. 1 for pull 1 for push configured fans with the other 2 radiators on a separate knob each.

bbjYPOe.jpg

Lastly someone I wanna mention. Thanks michael for the help with the construction of the legs and the interlocking screen holders. It would not have been possible without you. :D

Anyways Next update next week:D

This build is giving me a funny tingling in my pants <3

I kinda speed read some parts so might have miss it, but how tall is the desk and you? Looks kinda short from the angles. Are you a little person? O.o

It's 80 cms tall. The standard desk is 78cm tall eg offices etc. I'm 191 cm or 6ft 4inches in Murica. So it's actually not that small.

It's 80 cms tall. The standard desk is 78cm tall eg offices etc. I'm 191 cm or 6ft 4inches in Murica. So it's actually not that small.

Ahh so you're one of those European Giants! 

Okay, maybe because the sides dip a little lower it looks shorter than it is.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Ahh so you're one of those European Giants! 

Okay, maybe because the sides dip a little lower it looks shorter than it is.

Yes, that's certainly true. When I add the wooden panels the table will look leaner and effectively look like it shredded some weight. That being sad this is not a great LAN computer with it weighing about 120kg/260 pounds with screens and everything

• 1 month later...

Gonna be a new update this weekend. Got some really exiting news and ideas to share. Until then!

Oh Hell Yeah! Subbed!!! :D

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I skissed up something earlier and had the great fortune of getting Singularity Computer  to do it.

Basically this is a dual loop reservoir for the table. This is a custom CNC Milled thing and it's been polished to perfection:)

The inlets are up on the sides and it feeds into the pumps from the 2 ports on the front. There's a small filling port as well. 

I'll have more pictures for you when it actually arrives where I live which is more or less exactly on the other side of the planet:)S2sLZwx.jpg

42 minutes ago, BurnerMC said:

Oh so that is your res that is going to be polished?  

You know you get something awesome when Daniel does it!

Yes that's the one. I'm very pleased with how it turned out:)

Okay so the reservoir is finished and Singularity Computers released a guide on how to polish acrylic using my reservoir as an example. Scroll to the end of the video for lots of pictures and video of the finished product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_FQqA5GVF4

PYNKKei.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Time to continue..

I've been looking for a suitable material for the interior a while and I think I've found the perfect thing now. This is some really old good tried teak/ashtree wood that has a beautiful pattern to it. I'm gonna cover all the inner sides with it. It's a lot of work to get it all lined up properly and there's a lot to do to get the finish right but let's get started.

2djHaqf.jpg

Bm0IWHR.jpg

G6aDoMc.jpg

9cBsNSe.jpg

tWF4wZw.jpg

28dMnth.jpg

wq79FIt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interior is done!

This took a huge amount of time and was quite difficult to get right, match all the wood etc. The teak smells fantastic. Anyways there will be a big comprehensive update on thursday here's a sneakpeak. Custom reservoir is also installed

6wzejaL.jpg

13 hours ago, dev0ur said:

Did you do the welding yourself?

No a friend of mine called "Michael" did the majority of the welding. 

I really like how this is looking so far. This and a couple other table builds on here inspired me to start working on my own table build.

What is the motherboard tray you are using? I have been looking for one like that without fans up top or mesh or anything and I can't find one.

On 15.3.2016 at 4:59 PM, rmast95 said:

I really like how this is looking so far. This and a couple other table builds on here inspired me to start working on my own table build.

What is the motherboard tray you are using? I have been looking for one like that without fans up top or mesh or anything and I can't find one.

Hi, thank you:)

It's actually a case labs motherboard tray. I ordered it separately from them.  think thats an st-8.

If only I had access to a metal workshop. I'm still happy building timber desks. Looks good.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-