X99 can someone explain how this works/ purpose

iKl9kca

what specifically about X99 dont you get/understand?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Like I thought it worked hand in hand with the i7 or other cores to like boost it?

Like I thought it worked hand in hand with the i7 or other cores to like boost it?

There's nothing like that.  X99 is just a new chipset for Haswell-E CPUs.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

There's nothing like that.  X99 is just a new chipset for Haswell-E CPUs.

ohhhhhhhh well then now I guess you can all see how stupid I am... Uhh is there a delete thread button :P

X99 is basically for the 5820K and 5960X as they are the newer models of I7, just below the 6700K which is better for gaming but not as good for encoding, video livesteaming, editing etc. Please don't try to put a 5820K on a 97 board because it won't fit, likewise, don't put an I7 4790K on an X99 board because it won't fit.

X99 is basically for the 5820K and 5960X as they are the newer models of I7, just below the 6700K which is better for gaming but not as good for encoding, video livesteaming, editing etc. Please don't try to put a 5820K on a 97 board because it won't fit, likewise, don't put an I7 4790K on an X99 board because it won't fit.

on the mother board topic.... Would you suggest one that supports 5960x?

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/#s=28 Take a pick. Just make sure the size fits your case, so if your case can only have up to ATX not EATX then pick an ATX, Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX, likewise, if you case can only support micro-atx, forget about getting an ATX

Please don't try to put a 5820K on a 97 board because it won't fit,

The cpu is bigger than a z97 socket.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The cpu is bigger than a z97 socket.

Exactly, which is why I said to not pick it on a Z97 board because it 'won't fit'

Your PC specs suggest that you posses an i7 5960X. How can you have the CPU and other hardware and not knowing what kind of chipset and mainboards in runs on?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Your PC specs suggest that you posses an i7 5960X. How can you have the CPU and other hardware and not knowing what kind of chipset and mainboards in runs on?

Can't figure out how signature formatting works other wise it would be a lot clearer :/

I have PSU GPU case Periphrals ram SSDs HDDs but I hAvnt ordered motherboard, core or cooling or GPU cooling so yeah.... :( hence why I need support, I know not enough :|

Can't figure out how signature formatting works other wise it would be a lot clearer :/

I have PSU GPU case Periphrals ram SSDs HDDs but I hAvnt ordered motherboard, core or cooling or GPU cooling so yeah.... :( hence why I need support, I know not enough :|

Make a new thread. Asking for help on everything... Because... I'm just not going to bother, sorry if that sounds harsh from me but I really don't want to explain everything. I mean, if you're going to build a PC - you say you already have half of the things but did you do any research on this? For my first build I probably spent about 8 hours researching altogether, re-watching videos, reading guides and I eventually managed it. But if you've only done an hour of watching a 'building a Pc' video then that's not really enough. Ask people on a new thread for videos, guides etc that you should watch and then come back and ask us.

Make a new thread. Asking for help on everything... Because... I'm just not going to bother, sorry if that sounds harsh from me but I really don't want to explain everything.

it's fine I get it I guess I have to learn somehow :P