PC takes long time power up

Igorot_Jay

Ok .... I always turn off pc plug when I leave for some time. When I turn it back on, the pc wont takes time to power up, no lights on gfx card or speakers indicating that they have power... and it takes like 5 minutes then its powers up. Anyone have had this problem before?

what PSU you got?

how old is the PC?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

No, b cause computers are not meant for the psu to be turned off all the time. Besides, it drains your cmos battery.

My native language is C++

No, b cause computers are not meant for the psu to be turned off all the time. Besides, it drains your cmos battery.

CMOS battery last for few years

they hardly use power to store BIOS settings and keep the clock in sync

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ok .... I always turn off pc plug when I leave for some time. When I turn it back on, the pc wont takes time to power up, no lights on gfx card or speakers indicating that they have power... and it takes like 5 minutes then its powers up. Anyone have had this problem before?

nope, never. i dont turn off the power supply.

its normal though...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

CMOS battery last for few years

they hardly use power to store BIOS settings and keep the clock in sync

I know, but im just saying, it will need to be replaced, and if it is at the end of its life, you will lose all bios settings.

My native language is C++

Okay, I think you're saying when you put it in sleep it takes ages to wake up? How old is teh PSU? What CPU do you have? If you have haswell it might be because when it idles it is around 1 watt which some psus may turn off or have problems with it. 

I know, but im just saying, it will need to be replaced, and if it is at the end of its life, you will lose all bios settings.

if the BIOS setting is gone the PC will have an error saying CMOS battery error

also the pattern sounds like the PSU is not inputting power to the components

False. A CMOS battery is a watch battery. It will literally last for years.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Pc was built at the start of this year.

Psu is coolermaster v850.

Cpu is maximus vii.

Cpu is i7 4790k.