Transfer Games From Mac To Windows

Manakahofski
Go to solution Solved by dmegatool,

No I'm not dual booting so i guess I'm out of luck, but i do have a real old version of parallels i could install steam on and download games. If i do this would it just be a case of moving the game files from steam on parallels, to the steam on my new comp? Thank you guys for the help, (its nice not having the first response be "you shouldn't have got a mac" #pcmasterrace)

Yeah it's just moving the folder. It will scan and use the files already there. I think you'll find your game in SteamApps/common... Can't check as I'm at work now. Anyway you'll find it. Every games gets a folder correctly named, can't be easier than that. 

I am going to be building my first gaming rig on dec 24, however my internet is slow and i would like to get playing asap. i don't want to have to redownload all my games for an entire day. My question is Can i move games i already have on my mac to my pc AND have steam recognize this and allow me to play them, and if not can i pre-download the windows version of the games so i have them when i finish the build.

(all of the games are mac and windows compatible just in case thats important)

Thank You!

I wake up every morning and pray to Gayben that KSP will have 64 Bit support.

I am going to be building my first gaming rig on dec 24, however my internet is slow and i would like to get playing asap. i don't want to have to redownload all my games for an entire day. My question is Can i move games i already have on my mac to my pc AND have steam recognize this and allow me to play them, and if not can i pre-download the windows version of the games so i have them when i finish the build.

Thank You!

Are you dual booting windows and osx?

If no you may be out of luck.

Thank Yo

If you're moving the games from a flash drive or through dropbox, onedrive, i.e

then no.

If you're doing it like that you might as well just download it from steam.

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

You can't move the games to a different platform. And to download PC files, you would need a PC. Any will do... You would then be able to move the files to your new rig. 

No I'm not dual booting so i guess I'm out of luck, but i do have a real old version of parallels i could install steam on and download games. If i do this would it just be a case of moving the game files from steam on parallels, to the steam on my new comp? Thank you guys for the help, (its nice not having the first response be "you shouldn't have got a mac" #pcmasterrace)

Yeah it's just moving the folder. It will scan and use the files already there. I think you'll find your game in SteamApps/common... Can't check as I'm at work now. Anyway you'll find it. Every games gets a folder correctly named, can't be easier than that. 

Alright thanks for the help, I'm already downloading 3 games that can't run on mac. CANT WAIT UNTIL MY PARTS GET HERE.