What's the Fastest Card AMD Offers?

byalexandr

I'm wondering if there is anything above the Fury X, something that performs better than say a 980 Ti. Doesn't have to be consumer grade, I'm just wondering what is the single most powerful chip AMD has?

I'd like to stay with AMD next time I upgrade... Hopefully Arctic Islands is faster than Pascal.

SINGLE CHIP... NO 295X2, NO FURY X2... Got it?

295X2?

And yeh, I kinda hope AMD makes Nvidia hop off their buns and get some good stuff out there, I want Pascal cards to be lower in price :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm wondering if there is anything above the Fury X, something that performs better than say a 980 Ti. Doesn't have to be consumer grade, I'm just wondering what is the single most powerful chip AMD has?

I'd like to stay with AMD next time I upgrade... Hopefully Arctic Islands is faster than Pascal.

So no 295x2?

295X2?

And yeh, I kinda hope AMD makes Nvidia hop off their buns and get some good stuff out there, I want Pascal cards to be lower in price :P

I'm talking single chip.

390x2

the furyx2 should be out soon

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

And to be fair, fury x beats ref. 980ti.

So no 295x2?

No 295x2. Even if it is a beast (I really want one now that you mention it).

No 295x2. Even if it is a beast (I really want one now that you mention it).

Wait for furyx2 if you want something like it. If still single chip, fury x is as high as it goes as of now.

And to be fair, fury x beats ref. 980ti.

-If the 980 Ti is reference.

-If the Fury X is overclocked.

-If the 980 Ti is stock clocked.

See what I mean? I love AMD but I wish there was something that blew the 980 Ti out of the water. Besides the 295X2.

Wait for furyx2 if you want something like it. If still single chip, fury x is as high as it goes as of now.

:( WHY AMD?! MAKE BETTER DRIVERS SO IT RAPES THE 980 TI!

I'd personally just get one and suck it up

I'm happy with my 290 for now. I'm thinking about getting a Fury or a Nano or a Fury X, not sure yet. I'll probably wait until Arctic Islands is out.

See what I mean? I love AMD but I wish there was something that blew the 980 Ti out of the water. Besides the 295X2.

There is nothing.

Top of the line:

AMD - Fury X, Fury

nVidia - Titan X, 980 Ti

That is it. That's all that is available at this time. If you want better, Pascal/Arctic Islands will be here in 2016.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

There is nothing.

Top of the line:

AMD - Fury X, Fury

nVidia - Titan X, 980 Ti

That is it. That's all that is available at this time. If you want better, Pascal/Arctic Islands will be here in 2016.

:(

:( WHY AMD?! MAKE BETTER DRIVERS SO IT RAPES THE 980 TI!

Thought it did beat the 980ti at stock with the new drivers...

everyone who posted is dumb AF they all say ----X2 when you said single LOL KYS plox 

It does? Like stock to stock it beats it?

What about OC to OC?

everyone who posted is dumb AF they all say ----X2 when you said single LOL KYS plox 

I made an edit to my OP after everyone mentioned it.

this^^

the fury X is the highest performing, but it sucks at overclocking so even though it perform better than a stock 980ti, pretty much any 980ti can OC to performance greater than the fury X

also, there are no aftermarket fury Xs

but aftermarket 980tis that come factory overclocked already perform better without having to OC it yourself

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It does? Like stock to stock it beats it?

What about OC to OC?

I think so, but I'm not so sure if the one benchmark that's recent enough to be valid specified. 

:(

TBH, I'm pretty excited to see what AMD has to offer with Arctic Islands.... specifically their enthusiast Greenland GPU. Whichever comes out first (Arctic/Pascal) I'll probably go with. I hope AMD pulls through and makes it difficult for me to switch allegiance. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

this^^

the fury X is the highest performing, but it sucks at overclocking so even though it perform better than a stock 980ti, pretty much any 980ti can OC to performance greater than the fury X

also, there are no aftermarket fury Xs

but aftermarket 980tis that come factory overclocked already perform better without having to OC it yourself

Wait wait, can someone show me the performance, on the 15.12 (or any other Crimson) drivers vs whatever Nvidia has right now? If it performs better stock clocks for stock clocks, then I'll totally try and get one this Christmas.