tn and lower contrast

RichieXtheXboss

i looked at pics of tn and ips and noticed that the ips have white corners but the tn is just a whiter tint so can i just lower the contrast and then it will look like an ips but with no white corners 

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

i looked at pics of tn and ips and noticed that the ips have white corners but the tn is just a whiter tint so can i just lower the contrast and then it will look like an ips but with no white corners 

Instead of posting an unrelated video I will answer your question.

You won't get a TN panel with colors as good as IPS, but at least it won't be plagued with that bleed/glow. 

There's no trick of adjusting settings or anything to magically make a TN equal to an IPS without the white corners.

but can you make the screen less white 

Instead of posting an unrelated video I will answer your question.

You won't get a TN panel with colors as good as IPS, but at least it won't be plagued with that bleed/glow. 

There's no trick of adjusting settings or anything to magically make a TN equal to an IPS without the white corners.

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

but can you make the screen less white 

You can lower brightness and stuff.

If you're purely looking into deep blacks, you'll want a VA panel. BenQ has some new AMVA+ monitors like the GW2470H and the EW2750ZL.

The only real issue with them is slow transitions, which is improving over time but still isn't perfect.

You can lower brightness and stuff.

If you're purely looking into deep blacks, you'll want a VA panel. BenQ has some new AMVA+ monitors like the GW2470H and the EW2750ZL.

The only real issue with them is slow transitions, which is improving over time but still isn't perfect.

man, love me some VA panels 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

man, love me some VA panels 

I have a GW2470H on the way and am hoping slow transitions don't make me want to throw it out the window.

If it's obnoxious for gaming I'll save up for a great TN of some sort, and keep the GW2470H for movies and media, eye candy display.

IPS glow/bleed seems to plague literally every single IPS panel in existence, I'm not willing to take that risk because it's worse than every issue TN and VA have combined.

I have a GW2470H on the way and am hoping slow transitions don't make me want to throw it out the window.

If it's obnoxious for gaming I'll save up for a great TN of some sort, and keep the GW2470H for movies and media, eye candy display.

IPS glow/bleed seems to plague literally every single IPS panel in existence, I'm not willing to take that risk because it's worse than every issue TN and VA have combined.

Have not noticed slow transitions at all, and this is with a bigger monitor that isn't all that high spec (with a nice BenQ I really doubt it)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []