TV Not Detected When HDMI Goes Through Stereo Receiver?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, my dad has a Home theater setup where he wants to have his PC go through the stereo receiver and up to the TV and be able to use it as a secondary display from his monitor. However when I plug the HDMI into the back of the PC it won't work. But when plugged directly into the TV it works.

GPU: GTX 750ti

Why would you need a stereo reciever when HDMI carries audio.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Hey guys, my dad has a Home theater setup where he wants to have his PC go through the stereo receiver and up to the TV and be able to use it as a secondary display from his monitor. However when I plug the HDMI into the back of the PC it won't work. But when plugged directly into the TV it works.

GPU: GTX 750ti

Could be something with the HDCP.  Do the TV and receiver both support ARC (audio return channel)?  One of my HTPC's does the same thing with my Denon receiver so it's connected to the TV and uses the ARC for surround sound.

You said secondary monitor, so that implies there's another monitor attached.  Try unplugging the monitor from the CPU or graphics card.  Power off the PC and power on to see if the bios splash screen comes up.

There may be some HDMI setting in the reciever you can fiddle with.  I remember with my long since dead Onkyo reciever I had to turn something off before it would work, something like CEC or Anynet.  Unfortunately I don't remember what it was.