Msi R9 390

Thue500

Hi guys and girls i have recently bought a Msi R9 390 and i want to watercool it as it runs pretty hot and i have done some searching for a waterblock that fits the gpu but with no luck i then i found alphacool where they can make a custom one for my gpu witch is nice and the best thing is that i live in Eu so i dont have to pay so much in shipping. But i just want to here if someone knows a place i can buy one as i can se it will take some time to make a custom one. And if you know a place to buy a 240mm radiator with pump. Thanks

Hi guys and girls i have recently bought a Msi R9 390 and i want to watercool it as it runs pretty hot and i have done some searching for a waterblock that fits the gpu but with no luck i then i found alphacool where they can make a custom one for my gpu witch is nice and the best thing is that i live in Eu so i dont have to pay so much in shipping. But i just want to here if someone knows a place i can buy one as i can se it will take some time to make a custom one. And if you know a place to buy a 240mm radiator with pump. Thanks

Highflow is decent for watercooling components.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Unfortunately EKWB only makes one that makes use of the reference design of the 290/390 which I think only XFX's R9 390 follows. Alphacool makes an only GPU block so you would have to address the VRMs yourself.  :)

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Unfortunately EKWB only makes one that makes use of the reference design of the 290/390 which I think only XFX's R9 390 follows. Alphacool makes an only GPU block so you would have to address the VRMs yourself.  :)

Are you sure i read something about them where there stood the VRM was passive cooled by the block.

Highflow is decent for watercooling components.

Thanks i will give it a look

Are you sure i read something about them where there stood the VRM was passive cooled by the block.

Thats the thing, active cooling is preferred where there is a heatsink and a dedicated fan to it, not relying on case airflow.

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)

Thats the thing, active cooling is preferred where there is a heatsink and a dedicated fan to it, not relying on case airflow.

Im thinking to go a bit ghetto and just place a fan in front of it.

Im thinking to go a bit ghetto and just place a fan in front of it.

Sure! Thats always a possibility. :D Just DONT FORGET TO... Post pics afterwards HEHEHE  ;)

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...