Konami are recruiting for the next 'Metal Gear Solid' game.

Master Disaster

konami-new-metal-gear-640x540.jpg

So just days after Kojima announced he was opening his own studio Konami have posted a job ad for people to work on the next MGS as shown in the picture above.

Hideo Kojima has long been associated with Metal Gear Solid and Konami but that relationship turned sour earlier this year. Kojima quietly left the publisher a few months back and it was only confirmed about a week ago that he’s no longer with Konami and that he has set up an independent studio. That said, Konami won’t be giving up on one of its most popular titles, it has now started recruiting for a “New Metal Gear” title.

Konami has set up a new job ad and it’s seeking development staff that’s going to work on the next Metal Gear title, this is as clear a sign as any that Konami fully intends to continue this franchise even if Kojima is no longer at the helm.

They've made it very obvious from this ad that they intend to continue on with MGS without Kojima at the helm, people are also speculating that this indicates Kojima has taken a large number of his previous team with him to his new studio.

Kojima will not have anything to do with the new Metal Gear game, he has set up an independent studio that’s going to develop its first game as an exclusive to the PlayStation 4.

It’s clear how many of the team members that worked on Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain have followed Kojima to his new studio and how many have stayed behind at Konami as part of the internal production team that’s now going to work on the new Metal Gear game.

Recruiting is most certainly the first step in the long journey that’s eventually going to bring us a new Metal Gear game, fans will certainly be following all developments keenly, and Konami will have to outdo itself if it doesn’t want the scathing criticism that will follow the launch of a Metal Gear game that didn’t have Kojima leading the charge.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/12/konami-recruiting-for-new-metal-gear/?utm_source=mobilerepublic

My thoughts, well the article is written in a biased way IMO but it does raise a good point. If konami are publicly advertising for people to work on MGS it's safe to assume a good amount of the old team went with Kojima.

Fuck Konami anyway, I won't touch anything they make with the exception of MGS, now Kojima has gone I can strike that one off the list too.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Konami is going all out just to make money these days and they don't care how. The last MGS was a good end to the series anyway, maybe Kojima can make a spiritual successor someday.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I doubt it'll be as good as MGSV, especially without Kojima

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Hmm, also notice in the picture it says

New Metal Gear

I wonder if their intention is to scrap the series are do a reboot?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Honestly,Its Has A 99% To Be Terrible,Mainly Because Kojima Isn't There,I Hope Kojima Can Make Some Sort Of Deal So He Can Produce It How He See's Fit

"HIT THE LEVER!"

I hope no one applies for the jobs and they die a slow corporate death.

Sadly not gonna happen, their focus on gambling has been doing them very good as far as I've heard.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Metal Gear pachinko?

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

i hope nobody good signs up and all they get is a band of incompetent people hopefully some of the people that made the pc port of arkham knight

One does not simply replace Hideo Kojima.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So Kojima got in an argument and pissed off the CEO of Konami. Was wondering what was going on there.

I doubt it'll be as good as MGSV, especially without Kojima

Honestly I thought Rising was Better than V and kojima didn't make that.

I have hopes that the new MGS can be good and so can Kojimas new project

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

How about no. Screw off Konami.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

What else is there to talk about ? Or even do for that matter? 

The timeline and series has finally come to a successful end. 

We know who, Liquid, Solid and Solidus are and who they came from and why they exist.  We know why Big Boss made outer heaven and why and how Zero and Big Boss fought.  We know that Zero actually loved Big Boss and cared for the man, however we know that while Zero apologized to his friend Big Boss never knew and continued to fight against Zero.

We know why Big Boss slowly became evil because of what he thought Zero did to him but infact was Skullface. 

We come to realize how meaning of peoples words change from person to person. 

We realize anyone of us can become anyone we want with the right training and circumstances.  

We learn that we can't always assume what the other person is truly thinking or doing even if we think we know them.

everything is done from learning about nano machines from learning how and way the Cobra unit has the powers they had. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I'm ready for MGS without Kojima.

His " perfectionism " lead to MGSV being half done. Seriously, if it Konami kept letting him doing what he wants , we wouldn't see the game for next 5 years . 

And for what? For Quiet shoving her boobs and ass into my face everytime she makes an appearance? For that awkward drive with Scull Face?

MGS isn't even that popular to justify him getting that big budget.

People seem to act like Kojima never did anything wrong and Konami just keeps punishing him .

Seriously , did any one work with perfectionists? They are the worst kind of people to work with - changing everything for irrelevant reasons , not meeting deadlines.

I'm courious how he's new company will be lead. If he'll be in charge - we might not even see one game from him before he'll run out of cash.

I'm ready for MGS without Kojima.

His " perfectionism " lead to MGSV being half done. Seriously, if it Konami kept letting him doing what he wants , we wouldn't see the game for next 5 years . 

And for what? For Quiet shoving her boobs and ass into my face everytime she makes an appearance? For that awkward drive with Scull Face?

MGS isn't even that popular to justify him getting that big budget.

People seem to act like Kojima never did anything wrong and Konami just keeps punishing him .

Seriously , did any one work with perfectionists? They are the worst kind of people to work with - changing everything for irrelevant reasons , not meeting deadlines.

I'm courious how he's new company will be lead. If he'll be in charge - we might not even see one game from him before he'll run out of cash.

I find that games tend to do better when they need a little more time like adding extra content or fixing extra bugs that weren't there before...Perfectionist makes the games better IMO but again if you are in a business like Konami that can be an issue....It's a fight between a business and a creative game maker....Since video games are all about business we know the answer of who is going to win

Also Kojima made great Metal gear solid games, so even if it went past the deadline its probably going to good either way like it always had....In business wise there are flaws, but for gamers we shouldn't care as long as the game is good like again it always have been

And Konami right now is the worst people to be working with, if you just want to sit there and develop gambling games and probably a MGS game that won't feel fresh to many people and probably be half baked....Kojima has his downsides but its not worst when comparing it to Konami itself

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

It's a fight between a business and a creative game maker

Exactly .

I understand that everyone wants to do their best job , but when you start project you have goals, resources and deadline . All of them are specified by upper level management and are vital to healthy company.If any of those requirements aren't met - you are harming the company . After that there might be lay-offs or even company could go out of buisness.

This is very true for videogame companies. Games might be lucrative buisness but revenue they generate is only for a few weeks from release - after that there is no cash from them. One year delay might not be that much for gamers but when developing games that takes few years - that one year could change game from being profitable to generating loss.

At the end of the day you are getting payed and you need to do what company ask you to do . Yeah, it's cruel but others people jobs rely on it . If you're not happy with that , you can change company or build your own.

I am looking forward to a proper Metal Gear game without Kojima at the wheel.

I like the idea of new blood with new and/or different ideas and ideals taking a crack at a Metal Gear game.

Sure, Konami higher ups could totally fuck it up but I'm sure the people actually developing the game want to do their best to make a good game worthy of the Metal Gear title.