I have 30-ish US dollars to buy myself 1-3 USB drives and still have some left over to help buy some christmas gifts. *grits teeth*

any reccomendations? i dont need USB3.0 or anything fancy, just some reliable, 8-16 gig drives that wont cost me too much.

if it means only getting one drive, that's fine, i just need to be able to give some drives back to my mom for backing up financial records. (i told her there are more secure and surefire ways to back things up, but she refuses to use anything but the shit drives at the officemax checkout. <_< )

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

been looking at those, was unsure if they were truly reliable, seeing as 80% of amazon reviews are within immediate use of product, or by someone who doesnt know much of what they're talking about. (also a lot of ''its good'' being the entire review)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

been looking at those, was unsure if they were truly reliable, seeing as 80% of amazon reviews are within immediate use of product, or by someone who doesnt know much of what they're talking about. (also a lot of ''its good'' being the entire review)

Well my logic in backing shit up is that the chances of both of them going at the same time is really really low.

Unrelated but: Hey BurgerBum! Long time no see!

Well my logic in backing shit up is that the chances of both of them going at the same time is really really low.

true, but im giving her the shitty drives back and using these as live USBs for installing stuff, :P i already use a kingston DTSE9 8 gig for my personal backing up of important stuff and mobile files.

-Jim Hensen

Unrelated but: Hey BurgerBum! Long time no see!

HIIIIII ! :D

yeah, been kinda busy/depressed the past few weeks. so i took a break from general forum-ing. :P

im back though! not very active but im here. >_<

Whats this :o My first friend :P

:P hi

-Jim Hensen

i have a couple of these as usb os installers and they still work after a good 2 years and sandisk is a good flash company

true, but im giving her the shitty drives back and using these as live USBs for installing stuff, :P i already use a kingston DTSE9 8 gig for my personal backing up of important stuff and mobile files.

Well the only problem I've had with a SanDisk USB was that it wasn't recognized by windows 10 installation tool as a USB, though there is other software to put windows 10 on a USB once you get the ISO file from the installation tool. Though that could be fixed by now for all I know.

I have 30-ish US dollars to buy myself 1-3 USB drives and still have some left over to help buy some christmas gifts. *grits teeth*

any reccomendations? i dont need USB3.0 or anything fancy, just some reliable, 8-16 gig drives that wont cost me too much.

if it means only getting one drive, that's fine, i just need to be able to give some drives back to my mom for backing up financial records. (i told her there are more secure and surefire ways to back things up, but she refuses to use anything but the shit drives at the officemax checkout. <_< )

http://www.amazon.com/Centon-Electronics-Sport-DataStick-S1-U2W1-32G/dp/B00BZC1ZHE/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450577978&sr=1-6&keywords=centon+flash+drive#customerReviews

Durable AF

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

looks nice, (and here in portland having it be moderatley water resistant is a major plus)

capacity/number of drives to price is a little iffy though, considering this one.

-Jim Hensen

-Jim Hensen