Quad monitor questions

Kyronami

Im wanting to do a 4 monitor setup, with three 1440p monitors and 1 4k monitor.

I'm running two 980 ti in SLI

from what I read anything over 1080p needs display port but the cards only have 3 DPs on them. Can I plug a monitor into the 2nd card?

how exactly would I run all 4 with enough bandwidth for each

If I daisy chained two of the 1440p on the same DP would the computer recognize it as two monitors or just one and would it be enough bandwidth?

I should add the 1440p are 144hz gsync if it makes a difference

If you have two graphics cards, you can use the connectors on the second one just fine. I believe they all work, not just DP. 

Quad displays works but sucks monkeyballs for most uses, especially gaming. You really don't want the bezels smack in the middle. 

If you have DP1.2 -compatible displays, you can daisy-chain them or use an MST hub too.

If you have two graphics cards, you can use the connectors on the second one just fine. I believe they all work, not just DP. 

Quad displays works but sucks monkeyballs for most uses, especially gaming. You really don't want the bezels smack in the middle. 

If you have DP1.2 -compatible displays, you can daisy-chain them or use an MST hub too.

My plan was to use the 4k panel on top for streaming stuff.

The three 1440p would be the only gaming panels.

I was askin cuz I read somewhere that when you SLI the 2nd card is only a slave card and doesnt output

My plan was to use the 4k panel on top for streaming stuff.

The three 1440p would be the only gaming panels.

I was askin cuz I read somewhere that when you SLI the 2nd card is only a slave card and doesnt output

Yeah. I remember that too. It used to be like that back in the day. Up to GTX200-series or so... I don't actually know if it's about the hardware generation or about the drivers but yeah, they've all worked for a while now. I'm not 100% sure about any analog connectors but it's really not an issue with your GPUs. :) Just go for it.

Yeah. I remember that too. It used to be like that back in the day. Up to GTX200-series or so... I don't actually know if it's about the hardware generation or about the drivers but yeah, they've all worked for a while now. I'm not 100% sure about any analog connectors but it's really not an issue with your GPUs. :) Just go for it.

Thanks! one more question, If I buy a 144hz gsync for my center monitor, then just buy two non gsync 60hz for the sides, can I play on the center monitor using gsync and the full 144hz? Or does windows display settings nerf everything down to the crappiest panel

Thanks! one more question, If I buy a 144hz gsync for my center monitor, then just buy two non gsync 60hz for the sides, can I play on the center monitor using gsync and the full 144hz? Or does windows display settings nerf everything down to the crappiest panel

I believe the surround group would only enable what the weakest link can do. So 60Hz with G-Sync off. But really I'm only guessing. I don't have a G-Sync monitor myself. What I can verify however,  is that the auxiliary display won't affect the settings available for the surround group. I've had a TV that could only do 1080p@30Hz as an extra display while my three-display surround worked fine at 60Hz.