Humming noise from my hdd

thezodiacmachine

i did a health check on it and is good. but it is making a humming sound and causing my case to vibrate. i suspect is cause i put the hdd on the top most slot which caused the side panel to vibrate as well

i did a health check on it and is good. but it is making a humming sound and causing my case to vibrate. i suspect is cause i put the hdd on the top most slot which caused the side panel to vibrate as well

Its a common problem, get an anti vibration caddy, or modify the cage with rubber bands

i have the same issue :|

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

make sure its tightly screwed to the case. also check if hdd screws are loose. do those, if still vibrates i suggest that you submerge it in oil and then put it back and then it probably wont work anymore so the vibrating is fixed

make sure its tightly screwed to the case. also check if hdd screws are loose. do those, if still vibrates i suggest that you submerge it in oil and then put it back and then it probably wont work anymore so the vibrating is fixed

i mean, do that if the vibrating is bad/you dont want to listen to it

heres a video of the sound..

i checked it is tightly secured

Edited by Spotty
removed vid.me link