Weird single crack=pop noise coming from refrigerator when pc cooling down.

nm76

When i am quitting from games and my computer cooling down i have an one single crack-pop noise coming from refrigerator. My pc is on my room. Refrigerator is in kitchen. I dont know why it is happening. Can somebody explain me this weirdest thing? 

My psu is Corsair 750 RM and GPU Asus Strix 980 Ti if it does matter.

power draw or something, not sure

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If what you say is happening,I would probably suggest a technician to come in and check around 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

You're refrigerator wishes you to play games on it rather than your PC.

It's the Internet of Things! They're jealous of the consumer desktops and they're voicing their complaints!

They want to have graphics cards in fridges too, and they want us to check our gaming privilege! :lol:

It's the Internet of Things! They're jealous of the consumer desktops and they're voicing their complaints!

They want to have graphics cards in fridges too, and they want us to check our gaming privilege! :lol:

Fridges are known to actually be the best gaming rigs of all. Little do people know about the state-of-the-art graphics cards that go into these little buggers to process all their temperature controls and that magically light that goes off when you close the door and on when you open it. Man! How does it do that! Such great processing power!

Ones that have an ice maker? Oh man, those are even better. Where does that ice even come from!? That's just how cold they keep the graphics card. It freezes air.

Is this dangerous ? Do something with this?

Probably something to do with your house's electrical wiring... might want to have it checked... especially if it's an old house...

or it could just be your fridge being jealous since you don't spend as much time with it anymore... /jk

On a serious note; To be on the safe side @nm76, I would have an electrician check out the electrical in your house and make sure you aren't about to catch something on fire. It's very well possible that your house might be wired oddly that your fridge and computer are on the same breaker. Older houses have some really... let's just say "Odd"... power lay outs.

Or just plug your computer in to a different outlet.

well start and quit your games many times in row. if you hear a voice each time, take the computer, go to your refrigerator, take some butter, cheese and cucumber. then make a bread and eat it. then pour some milk into your glass and drink it. and what the fuck should i say next? if nothing explodes lets just call it a day shall we?

Fridges are known to actually be the best gaming rigs of all. Little do people know about the state-of-the-art graphics cards that go into these little buggers to process all their temperature controls and that magically light that goes off when you close the door and on when you open it. Man! How does it do that! Such great processing power!

Ones that have an ice maker? Oh man, those are even better. Where does that ice even come from!? That's just how cold they keep the graphics card. It freezes air.

It's the highest-end state-of-the-art phase change cooling system! it's running the fridge's ultra-crazy processors so cool that it can even freeze water into ice cubes at the same time, all for your lovely enjoyment of chilled beverages!

This is normal, I have an outlet in my bathroom and when power draws from it the lights flicker for a split second. Same thing when the heater turns on, it doesn't harm anything it's just how houses. work.

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

It's the highest-end state-of-the-art phase change cooling system! it's running the fridge's ultra-crazy processors so cool that it can even freeze water into ice cubes at the same time, all for your lovely enjoyment of chilled beverages!

This sounds like the dream, who needs a wife anymore? When the all new Friginator-Computerator 2000X SPCCS (Super Phase Change Cooling System) can make you drinks, sandwiches, and with a limited time offer, a microwave attachment to heat any TV Dinner or 12 inch pizza!

This is normal, I have an outlet in my bathroom and when power draws from it the lights flicker for a split second. Same thing when the heater turns on, it doesn't harm anything it's just how houses. work.

It is not how a house works.

Power flow should be steady.

Lights should not flicker.

Crackling sounds should not happen.

High pitch noises should not happen.

If this stuff happens your house is not wired properly. Don't fuck with electricity. 

If this stuff happens your house is not wired properly. Don't fuck with electricity. 

^This, OP, you should proooooobably get that checked out. Don't check it out yourself unless you happen to be a man-with-a-van.

If it doesn't kill you, it'll cook you.

My father is an electrition... I do some small projects with it and know a decent amount about it, It is something to do with things with high power draw and the breaker resetting to adjust. This happens alot more when circuits are spread out or in large buildings, which is the case for me.  It is normal and does not damage anything, if you are really concerned have an electrition look at it. besides that use a surge protector on the outlet and besides that there is nothing to worry about.

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

My father is an electrition... I do some small projects with it and know a decent amount about it, It is something to do with things with high power draw and the breaker resetting to adjust. This happens alot more when circuits are spread out or in large buildings, which is the case for me.  It is normal and does not damage anything, if you are really concerned have an electrition look at it. besides that use a surge protector on the outlet and besides that there is nothing to worry about.

People often miss call a sound as well. I'd rather tell someone to get it checked out since I can't be there to hear it, than to tell them "It's normal." and move on, only to find out next week on the forums his house burned down and he lost everything.

People often miss call a sound as well. I'd rather tell someone to get it checked out since I can't be there to hear it, than to tell them "It's normal." and move on, only to find out next week on the forums his house burned down and he lost everything.

Well the click could be one of 2 things:

1. The fridge cooling motor turning on to cool the fridge 

2. The fridge resetting because its on the same line as the pc. 

None of these cause fire...

and electricians can be very expensive if he can't find one with free evaluations. I dont want to tell some one to waste their money that they may not have to get a electrition to tell them that theres nothing wrong. 

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

My father is an electrition... I do some small projects with it and know a decent amount about it, It is something to do with things with high power draw and the breaker resetting to adjust. This happens alot more when circuits are spread out or in large buildings, which is the case for me. It is normal and does not damage anything, if you are really concerned have an electrition look at it. besides that use a surge protector on the outlet and besides that there is nothing to worry about.

Breakers don't "reset and adjust"

That said, when powering things on, especially things with capacitors or large motors, there can be a huge inrush current. This can be dozens to hundreds of Amps, but it only lasts a minute fraction of a second (which is why it doesn't trip the breaker). So a brief change in lights on the same circuit when a refrigerator starts to run or you first kick on a big power supply is normal.

If there is any continued disturbance after the device is on, the situation should be checked by a qualified professional. If lights start flickering and keep doing it while an appliance is switched on its an indicator that the circuit is overloaded. This is most apparent in a situation with poor quality wiring.

Well the click could be one of 2 things:

1. The fridge cooling motor turning on to cool the fridge 

2. The fridge resetting because its on the same line as the pc. 

None of these cause fire...

and electricians can be very expensive if he can't find one with free evaluations. I dont want to tell some one to waste their money that they may not have to get a electrition to tell them that theres nothing wrong. 

Or what he is hearing is a pop in the outlet and it's creating a spark... You ever think it might not actually be the fridge?

Breakers don't "reset and adjust"

That said, when powering things on, especially things with capacitors or large motors, there can be a huge inrush current. This can be dozens to hundreds of Amps, but it only lasts a minute fraction of a second (which is why it doesn't trip the breaker). So a brief change in lights on the same circuit when a refrigerator starts to run or you first kick on a big power supply is normal.

If there is any continued disturbance after the device is on, the situation should be checked by a qualified professional. If lights start flickering and keep doing it while an appliance is switched on its an indicator that the circuit is overloaded. This is most apparent in a situation with poor quality wiring.

I've always loved how people talk about their father or uncle saying that they are "professional insert whatever here", which suddenly makes them a professional too  :D

Good answer to him though, very informative for OP.

Or what he is hearing is a pop in the outlet and it's creating a spark... You ever think it might not actually be the fridge?

Then he needs to check the outlet, if it's charred then that is what's happening but if not then there is spark. Op didnt say that there was a charred outlet so ya...

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

This sounds like the dream, who needs a wife anymore? When the all new Friginator-Computerator 2000X SPCCS (Super Phase Change Cooling System) can make you drinks, sandwiches, and with a limited time offer, a microwave attachment to heat any TV Dinner or 12 inch pizza!

No, I still need a wife to deck me in the face when I'm being stupid. And I don't like the idea of only having a well-rounded fridge to keep me company forever, so...

And I will be making the sandwiches.

Then he needs to check the outlet, if it's charred then that is what's happening but if not then there is spark. Op didnt say that there was a charred outlet so ya...

However OP is obviously not an electrician. He doesn't know what to look for. Jesus dude. Lol. I'm out. I can't stand talking to people who claim they know it all because their father is a "professional".

snip

So a brief change in lights on the same circuit when a refrigerator starts to run or you first kick on a big power supply is normal.

traits and interest tend to be passed down between family members, I also have worked with him on a lot of projects with his house and mine, I'm not saying that because he is a expert I am, However I have experience working with him on these kinda things. That is where I gain knowledge. 

also I said the basic thing earler and one is " good info for the op" and the other is " going to have his house burn down" like lol wut.

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

However OP is obviously not an electrician. He doesn't know what to look for. Jesus dude. Lol. I'm out. I can't stand talking to people who claim they know it all because their father is a "professional".

1. refer to other post 

2. you don't have to be an expert to see an outlet is black 

[spoiler=Trumps Wall