Dota 2 Action RTS may be most accessible after patch 6.86..

Ren

Won't go into a balance discussion regarding the game itself, but users may wish to do so for fun. Everyone likes to.

While you may think this is is essentially a "MOBA", but semantics really state that League, Smite, Heroes of Newerth, SOADA, and others are copies of League on numerous levels, and factually is the original game / LoL was the copy of it through some seriously skechy behavior. I only mention this because people group all of them together when, really, League decided to designate League as a MOBA based on how it plays. It is/was patented as well. Nonetheless, Dota 2 is just as much a mod of WC3 as it was pre-beta. They only changed things because Blizzard (at that time they merged...) has a lot of copyright claims against Valve. Honestly, it's far closer to WC3 playstyle mixed with SC2 unit control (minus the mass units, mostly).

Tl;dr Dispelling bias against Dota. It's 100% free, a mere 7.1GB download, has free open beta patch testing. Few reasons why you shouldn't try it for a few hundred games to get the hang of it. It's quite the game compared to campaign mode games like Just Cause or TLoU.

In 6.86, a lot of interesting, comnpletely gamebreaking changes happened. Things you wouldn't see uneless Dota was back in pre-beta during testing. Not only that, it retains the high balance of patch 6.85 aside from potentially 2 heroes that are obviously questionable, and a few undiscovered tactics. Basically, it's like Starcraft that caters to people without crazy reflexes, becoming more accessible, without the one-sidedness.

I'm not trying to convince the masses to try it; the game is absolutely doing well for itself. The esports scene is a whole different ball game, though I'm sure you'll establish favorites if you watch to learn or just absorb more ceontent.

Either way, I'm merely trying to help people understand parts of the game without spoiling the unique experiencee of Dota. Hopefully in many peoples opinions, this might be the redemption patch for igniting casual play and willfulness to try it. Even experienced players are optimistic, aside from the aforementioned flaws. But it's only a game, and it's definitely worth trying.

DOTA is slowly turning into League of Legends.

Someone had to say it.

while still being way superior than LoL in every single way possible. Before dota2, i tried LoL and it is so shitty that i left and play dota 1 instead. And dota 2 just perfects everything i don't like about dota 1 and LoL. 

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

while still being way superior than LoL in every single way possible. Before dota2, i tried LoL and it is so shitty that i left and play dota 1 instead. And dota 2 just perfects everything i don't like about dota 1 and LoL. 

DOTA is a better game but ever since 6.83 every patch has had casual written all over it.

DOTA is a better game but ever since 6.83 every patch has had casual written all over it.

while that depends on how you actually play it. Play it as a normal game, yes even since long time ago it is a casual game. Gaming on mmr especially team mmr with captains mode, that is hardcore and try hard level. It is not because of the patch, is how you plays it. How professional team have different play style in each team some rat some fight some plays delay. LoL is just easier in general and they just wanna earn players money by releasing a new op hero and makes everyone buy it and nerved it down later.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

I have no idea what you are getting at OP.  It just seems like a pointless ramble.  What is your point?

6.83, in all honestly, is not the gamebreaking and game-destroying patch. It started in 6.81b and 6.82. The balance changes are absolutely abysmal, and they were only done because of chinese dominance (think LoL esports, or SC). These players took non-aggression to the absolute maximum level, focusing on efficiency and opportunity. There was still tons of aggression, but now dying is more forgiving. Less-so now than then.

I still agree this is a huge downfall of Dota in terms of enjoyability on a higher level. I am only afraid of Valve slowly devaluing the game to the point where they are Blizzard. They will never be like Riot for a number of reasons.

Some fun facts and history: Did you know two of the big guys of Riot are why all these "other MOBAs" exist? They stole content from the official dota website years and years ago by turning off the servers, removing icefrog (creator and main developer/balancer) and other admins from their privileges (they were admins; it was fixed later, but the damage as done), and stole content that was Dota's but renamed it and *slightly* changed the look of it + added a new map and team objectives. The only reason League of Legends is more popular is because they rushed release due to a 1+ year lack of Dota through their actions, lots of collusion and lying a-la the official website through updates ("Dota is dead, Play League of Legends today *Here*"), and released it earlier than the planned Dota update for free, rather than through a typical purchase.

This is confirmed by two other developers and 3 admins: Eul and one I can't recall but is not involved with Valve/retired, but he's fully understanding of what happened, as well as Spit-wad whom tried is best to fix the Guinsoo/Pendragon bullshit, while making sure the new, mostly unknown site "PlayDota" was secure and would never be stolen from/hijacked again. He now runs another Dota unofficial site solo. A bit more interesting: in Dota 1, Guinsoo's scyhte' and was renamed "Scythe of Vyse" in Dota 2, and Eul has an item named Eul's Scepter in Dota 1/2. Eul now works at Valve, but he had a very minor part in the dismantling of Dota 1. With that said, he had almost no impact on any content, as did the other guy. Pendragon had quite a bit of control in Dota, and Guinsoo was almost like the guy that gave some rework ideas and coding assistance to Icefrog himself.

There are player-created content that is now heroes; ever heard of Teemo? That right there is a new hero rendition of Dota's Techies. So many others were almost blatantly stolen. There is an obscene amount of proof for all of this. Wanna ask for it? Go to /r/dota2 and ask "Why do you hate League". I am positive it will be posted.

God damn, Riot even controls a free-to-use website named /r/leagueoflegends. By principle, you should avoid that shithole game even if Dota is becoming similar.

I kind of got a bit out of touch with the objective with my post in previous posts... Re-reading this changed things.

You're absolutely right in my opinion. But you need to look from the outside in. Couner-Strike: Global Offensive is way more mainstream and far more acceptable in comparision to this genre (A-RTS/MOBA/Fight Arena (meaning Heroes of the Storm)). Look at its explosive growth. I dislike all counterstrikes, and understand *why* they're popular or held to a higher standard. I'm simply not good at them, and am an RPG player. I reall don't mesh with CSGO players, especially when I mention how maps should be left "standard", untouched..

If you want to praise Dota, go right ahead. Totally deserved. I am just afraid people will think it's a cult mentality. If you play *any* game, just try Dota for a length of time to get used to that uniqueness. If you hate the players, the unique and changing monetization, the esport, or simply how the game feels to play,... Yeah, it's understandable. But it's only a game that's free; nothing lost, no ragrets.

Really, be as biased as you possibly can about this game. But try it. I definitely don't see enough people at least trying it.

I have no idea what you are getting at OP. It just seems like a pointless ramble. What is your point?

Let me try again. Less bullshit.

I'm merely trying to help people understand parts of the game without spoiling the unique experiencee of Dota. Hopefully in many peoples opinions, this might be the redemption patch for igniting casual play and willfulness to try it. Even experienced players are optimistic, aside from the aforementioned flaws. But it's only a game, and it's definitely worth trying.

If that's difficult to understand, or considered a ramble, I don't know what to tell you honestly.