IMO Why Newegg > Amazon > Best Buy

Saiyan

I come into the store with a gift card for the mall (non refundable for cash and Best Buy in the only tech related store in the mall but I can purchase a Best Buy gift card). So I have plans to use this for miscellaneous parts such as a monitor mount, usb flash drive, and an ethernet cable. Come to find out I cannot use Best Buy giftcards to purchase items in the marketplace because it's not actually sold through Best Buy even though it's on their website..... >.> ....Well anyway I figured I'll hold off till I can find some use for this mall gift card then I thought "hey a g502 is $57 on amazon and $79 at best buy, and I know Best Buy has price matching" *Goes back to Best Buy* They can't price match items sold by a 3rd party on sites such as Newegg and Amazon so basically I can't get it for any less than that. I have no intension of spending more time or any money at Best Buy again when I can get things through Newegg for cheaper and without sales tax in my state.

Newegg > Amazon > Best Buy ... That is all.

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

Well, Newegg has been known to sell used products in New Boxes. (More than any other retailer)

uh

it seems like everyone except you knew about this?

and btw, yeah, that's how 99% of price matching in stores works, dont be surprised

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So how is Newegg better than Amazon.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

true Best buy is bad for PC parts

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I prefer Amazon to Newegg personally, I've heard bad things about Neweggs return policies and such. I've never personally had an issue with it but still makes me a little more cautious.

If I have the option to chose between paying for sales tax (Amazon) and not paying for sales tax (Newegg), I'll chose Newegg.

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

I come into the store with a gift card for the mall (non refundable for cash and Best Buy in the only tech related store in the mall but I can purchase a Best Buy gift card). So I have plans to use this for miscellaneous parts such as a monitor mount, usb flash drive, and an ethernet cable. Come to find out I cannot use Best Buy giftcards to purchase items in the marketplace because it's not actually sold through Best Buy even though it's on their website..... >.> ....Well anyway I figured I'll hold off till I can find some use for this mall gift card then I thought "hey a g502 is $57 on amazon and $79 at best buy, and I know Best Buy has price matching" *Goes back to Best Buy* They can't price match items sold by a 3rd party on sites such as Newegg and Amazon so basically I can't get it for any less than that. I have no intension of spending more time or any money at Best Buy again when I can get things through Newegg for cheaper and without sales tax in my state.

Newegg > Amazon > Best Buy ... That is all.

I had a similar problem buying a g502 from walmart lol. payed like 75 bucks and then seen it cheaper on amazon. took it back for a price match and they wouldn't honor it because there was 2 versions the europe version and us version i think and both have the same upc code but last number was different. I live in the us but the upc matched the europe one on the mouse i bought in store so they wouldn't match it. So i returned it and bought the same mouse online lol fail for walmart. 

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

My local best buy price matches both Newegg and Amazon. However, they only price match Amazon Prime items, and on Newegg, it has to specifically say "Sold and shipped by Newegg".

Kinda scammed my local best buy, as i managed to get them to price match a GTX 970 reference card on Newegg (It was a promotional card, could not buy it from Newegg as it was the original OEM Nvidia edition card) and Best Buy price matched it anyways. It mostly depends on the CSP you get. On Black Friday, they had a deal for the Nvidia Shield Android TV for $150 with a free remote. They were out of stock on the remotes, so my cousin asked if he could get a $60 controller with it if he paid the $10 difference. The manager let him do that.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

well i personally don't like Newegg the way they ship there stuff is scary.

I had a similar problem buying a g502 from walmart lol. payed like 75 bucks and then seen it cheaper on amazon. took it back for a price match and they wouldn't honor it because there was 2 versions the europe version and us version i think and both have the same upc code but last number was different. I live in the us but the upc matched the europe one on the mouse i bought in store so they wouldn't match it. So i returned it and bought the same mouse online lol fail for walmart. 

hah months ago I put $200 on Amazon gift cards <--That was a mistake. I bought the enthoo pro through amazon then saw it on Newegg for the same price but w/o sales tax. Returned and saved $4. I'd rather save $4 and be able to say my PC is completely built by Newegg. I was mad at Amazon for not letting me return the gift cards for my cash back. Ended up buying a K70 RGB from Amazon because I had the money there and nothing could change that.

well i personally don't like Newegg the way they ship there stuff is scary.

Have you guys seen how Amazon ships hard drives? It is a joke.

zYKb8MR.jpg

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

I prefer Amazon to Newegg personally, I've heard bad things about Neweggs return policies and such. I've never personally had an issue with it but still makes me a little more cautious.

This. Nothing but bad experiences on my end with newegg.

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

Best Buy is only good for you to go in there, buy the item and try it out and be able to return it with convenience so you can buy it online for a cheaper price.

Amazon is good for the return policies and Prime 2-day shipping and the cheap one-day shipping. But the tax is what kills it for me.

Newegg, is only good for tax free purchases and every experience I had with them are flawless...but that is just me.

Someone living in Australia ordered stuff and got faulty ram from Newegg. The return pocily for over seas is 15 days I think  and it takes like that long to ship.... 

I get 5% off Amazon. Free 2-day shipping. No Tax. and excellent customer support.

Always prefer doing my business with Amazon.

zYKb8MR.jpg

Ya when i ordered a hard drive from Newegg it came in a hard drive size box. no padding at all.

First time i see this,

But i presume you can lodge a complain with them and they will fix it?

This is the same or better packing as all the HDDs I've gotten from Newegg. (Used to be a lot too because my company prefered them over amazon)

Just remember, if sending a drive back for RMA to the manufacturer, it better have 2" of foam surrounding as a minimum to not DQ your claim. ::sigh:: thanks eggzon and your shipping.

zYKb8MR.jpg

Just got my WD 1TB from Newegg in the mail yesterday and it came with wrapped in long air filled tubes so it was well protected. Doesn't really look like they tried too hard with yours though.

Glad i buy my hard drives, other storage stuff, CPU in store.

I wouldn't really trust hard drives online as they don't have the retail packaging, usually in store they have the retail packaging.

I buy things from Amazon because of prime and the fact that Newegg has more expensive prices(most of the time).