[US-Newegg] Dell Precision 490 Tower Dual Intel Xeon Quad Core $280

canyoncoolman

That processor is like late 2006 era. A newer Intel NUC would destroy this thing for about the same money.

Edit: Didn't realize there was dual processors... sheesh they are giving this thing away.

That processor is like late 2006 era. A newer Intel NUC would destroy this thing for about the same money.

Im just surprised on how much it fell in price

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~▲▲▲▲~~CanyonCoolMan~~▲▲▲▲~~( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

thats a good deal...

windows 10 Pro is $150 new :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Edit: Didn't realize there was dual processors... sheesh they are giving this thing away.

Yeah, but you can get that and drop some modern GPU there, what you'll get is a semi-decent gaming rig, exactly like the one Linus built with a dual Xeon server motherboard.

For $250? Worth it. You will likely avoid fuckery with test benches or motherboards impossible to fit in a case, you'll have fans which simply fit etc.

shoot at the discount

Save 1600+ bucks

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Eh, it's okay I guess. The only expensive thing when building these things is the case themselves. Other than that, you still can build it for cheaper. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

It'll make a decent folder (F@H)

Slap some gpus in and go...

200.gif FOLD!    :D

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

what is the most power CPU's I could put into something like this?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

what is the most power CPU's I could put into something like this?

Dual core 771 xeons, probably.

I'd pass

Dual core 771 xeons, probably.

I'd pass

wow, that's old. I might have considered if it was at least LGA775 but 771 is so old I know nothing of it.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

wow, that's old. I might have considered if it was at least LGA775 but 771 is so old I know nothing of it.

771 is 775, except it's only for xeons