Noob question about fan intake and exhaust

aSpoink
Go to solution Solved by DevilishBooster,

If the fan in the picture was turned on, it would be blowing the air at you. The air flow always exits the fan on the side with the supporting frame.

I got a new case and it came with 3 fans.(Case is corsair air 240) And I plugged 2 of them in because thats all my mobo supports. I have 1 exhaust fan above the cpu, and 1 intake at the front. My question is, should the fan have the plastic frame in the front to be intake. I'll include a picture of what im talking about-

post-246650-0-01533600-1450405308.jpg
. So, should this side be facing inside the case for intake? The fan doesn't have arrows on it showing which direction it blows. 

Sorry if this made no sense, just let me know and i'll try to rephrase it. Thanks in advance. :D

If the fan in the picture was turned on, it would be blowing the air at you. The air flow always exits the fan on the side with the supporting frame.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Alright thanks!

I got a new case and it came with 3 fans.(Case is corsair air 240) And I plugged 2 of them in because thats all my mobo supports. I have 1 exhaust fan above the cpu, and 1 intake at the front. My question is, should the fan have the plastic frame in the front to be intake. I'll include a picture of what im talking about- attachicon.gifCase Fans.jpg Sorry that the picture is big. I still have no idea how to do the "spoiler" tab. So, should this side be facing inside the case for intake? The fan doesn't have arrows on it showing which direction it blows. 

Sorry if this made no sense, just let me know and i'll try to rephrase it. Thanks in advance. :D

Fans will blow air towards the side that hold the motor. And for spoilers use

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

if there isnt a indicator plug the fan in and turn the pc on to find out which way it spins....

Edit: or what devilishbooster said

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM