Will this PSU be best for my rig?

DoctorDan

Will the following PSU be best for my rig?

CORSAIR HXi HX750i CP-9020072-NA 750W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply

Components:

• CPU: Intel Boxed Core I5-6600K 3.50 GHz, 6 M Processor Cache 6 for LGA 1151 (BX80662I56600K)
  • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)
  • HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD1003FZEX
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0, 26% Cooler and 36% Quieter Cooling Graphics Card 04G-P4-2974-KR
  • MOBO: ASUS Z170-DELUXE LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Case: Corsair Carbide 500r
  • RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15D-16GRR
  • CPU Liquid Cooler: Corsair Dual SP120L PWM fans with Corsair Link monitoring and control for extreme liquid CPU cooling performance

Will the following PSU be best for my rig?

CORSAIR HXi HX750i CP-9020072-NA 750W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply

Components:

• CPU: Intel Boxed Core I5-6600K 3.50 GHz, 6 M Processor Cache 6 for LGA 1151 (BX80662I56600K)
  • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)
  • HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD1003FZEX
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0, 26% Cooler and 36% Quieter Cooling Graphics Card 04G-P4-2974-KR
  • MOBO: ASUS Z170-DELUXE LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Case: Corsair Carbide 500r
  • RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Memory Kit Model F4-2133C15D-16GRR
  • CPU Liquid Cooler: Corsair Dual SP120L PWM fans with Corsair Link monitoring and control for extreme liquid CPU cooling performance

Cutting butter with a chainsaw for sure.

EVGA B2/GS/GQ/G2, Antec HCG, Seasonic G-series, XFX anything, Corsair RMx are all good options that probably cost less. Get the lowest wattage of those you can. Even if you SLI 650W is more than enough.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

EVGA B2/GS/GQ/G2, Antec HCG, Seasonic G-series, XFX anything, Corsair RMx are all good options that probably cost less. Get the lowest wattage of those you can. Even if you SLI 650W is more than enough.

Why would he get a low wattage psu if he can get a higher wattage one, he's not gonna have that GPU forever you know

Pretty much as Strm said, cutting butter with a chainsaw~

ARE YOU COMPENSATING FOR SOMETHING? jk. (says the person with the 850W and a single card)

Nah it's a really good supply, and will be more than fine for your build :D.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Thank you! The issue was this is my first build, and I tried using several different PSU calculators that gave me much too high of a range 450-710. 

Why would he get a low wattage psu if he can get a higher wattage one, he's not gonna have that GPU forever you know

Well why spend money on something where he'll see no tangible benefit? Also, GPUs have been getting less power hungry as time has gone on for some time now. You could damn near run 3 980s on 650W with a high-end i7 with light GPU overclocks.

The HX isn't any better by a signifcant margin than the other PSUs I listed so I see no need to spend money on an overkill PSU that's already overpriced.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Thank you! The issue was this is my first build, and I tried using several different PSU calculators that gave me much too high of a range 450-710. 

PSU calculators are trash. Guru3D is a great place to go for real-world wattage stuff.

What Wattage should I go for with max efficiency with this build, with room enough to overclock the CPU?

Your system will struggle to get past 250W of power draw even with overclocks so I'd suggest no more than 650. 650W allows for perfect SLI 970 configs and still the fan would rarely come on. 

For perfect efficiency that is hardly super relevant but there is a guide in my sig and also pinned on the main PSU/cases subforum. I'd suggest getting something with an 80 PLUS Bronze rating or higher but it isn't crucial. The most efficient PSU you could do with economic sense backed to it would be a PSU with enough wattage with enough of a price disparity from more expensive units that justifies the cheaper cost up front.

TL;DR, the EVGA 750W B2 is overkill for wattage but the best value while the EVGA 550W GS/G2 (whichever is cheaper) is the best PSU you should realistically spend money on.

So if I go with the 550W I should be able to overclock while still having room to upgrade in the future with say some extra drives, or another GPU?

So if I go with the 550W I should be able to overclock while still having room to upgrade in the future with say some extra drives, or another GPU?

It's not just about wattage usage lower watt psu's have less pci e cables so sli goes out the window my 970 HoF is a dual 8 pin card and if I wanted to go sli as far as I'm aware the only 650w psu available would be 650 gs (I bought it for that exact reason)

It's not just about wattage usage lower watt psu's have less pci e cables so sli goes out the window my 970 HoF is a dual 8 pin card and if I wanted to go sli as far as I'm aware the only 650w psu available would be 650 gs (I bought it for that exact reason)

You can buy 6 pin to 8 pin pci-e cables.