ATX vs ATX 12 volt?

Wishiwasdead
Go to solution Solved by turkey3_scratch,

It's really just wording. An ATX12V cable is the name of the 4-pin CPU power cable. An EPS 12V cable is the name of an 8-pin CPU power cable. The 24-pin motherboard cable is called an ATX12V 2.x cable. Point be told, the names are very similar and are often interchanged. SFX is an entirely different form factor. ATX is the standard PSU form factor, but it is quite unclear the difference between the first and second options.

so i was searching for PSUs online, and was just wondering what the difference was between a ATX PSU and a ATX 12v PSU... are they the same thing, just worded differently? or is there an actual difference?

psu%2012v%20v%20non_zps0j3ctep7.png

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

so i was searching for PSUs online, and was just wondering what the difference was between a ATX PSU and a ATX 12v PSU... are they the same thing, just worded differently? or is there an actual difference?

and EPS 12v?

They have to be 12V. It's just a name change AFAIK.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

so all PSUs should be 12volt... whether it says so or not...?

It's really just wording. An ATX12V cable is the name of the 4-pin CPU power cable. An EPS 12V cable is the name of an 8-pin CPU power cable. The 24-pin motherboard cable is called an ATX12V 2.x cable. Point be told, the names are very similar and are often interchanged. SFX is an entirely different form factor. ATX is the standard PSU form factor, but it is quite unclear the difference between the first and second options.

ok that makes sense thanks - yeah i knew the SFX is small form factor the only reason i highlighted it was because there was a 12v and non 12v version... and those were the PSUs i was looking at when i got this question about the different 12v... stuff... 

but thanks makes sense!