Gillete just totally ripped off DollarShaveClub :o

LukaP

https://www.gilletteshaveclub.com/

I mean seriously, high quality razors, for a few dollars a month delievered right to your door. where have i heard that before. also atleast fucking change the name of the service for fucks sake :/

@LinusTech

They arent exactly cheap though

still comes in at 17$ per shipment/month

post-51946-0-71027500-1450351080.png

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Wow, that's pretty bad naming if you ask me. I mean, the idea was pretty nice so they *had* to follow eventually or do something similar. But naming it 99% the same? that's just bad. 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Naming guy came up with that at 4:59 on a Friday.

Overall though this isn't a bad thing. Gilette had to respond somehow, at least they know now that they can no longer charge out the ass for their products.

hm.. i'd be interested if a big company like gilette would actually give two shits about the european market.

i know its hard for a "startup" like dollar shave club to reach an international audience, but for a company like gilette, that has half of the shaving supplies market in my retarted hellhole, i see no distribution problem...

I just hope that this doesn't put DollarShaveClub out of business.

Dammit Gilette.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.gilletteshaveclub.com/

I mean seriously, high quality razors, for a few dollars a month delievered right to your door. where have i heard that before. also atleast fucking change the name of the service for fucks sake :/

@LinusTech

wow. gg

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

This hasnt been a thing that just dollar shave club does. quite a few places do it, my razer seller does it at well and I know of others

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Sweet. When they are available here i'm signing up

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This hasnt been a thing that just dollar shave club does. quite a few places do it, my razer seller does it at well and I know of others

but are they massive firms with enormous marketing departments calling their service almost the same as a competing service?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Even Dollar Shave Club were not the first

Its only natural others will follow

Anyway Dollar Shave Club is a bad name, as to me it should cost $1

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

surprised this didn't happen sooner tbh,

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

There are a few other companies doing this too.

I actually like the Gillette razors better than my DSC Executives, as the Gillettes stay sharp a lot longer than my DSC razors do. But I get so many DSC razors I can change them twice as often and still build quite the stock pile. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

this is old news. I've seen Gillette ads for this for a couple years now.

I tested out DSC for a few months because of the cost and don't find the discount worth the degrade in quality. Using a fresh out-the-box razor from DSC (I had the executive plan) was the same as using a 3 week old Gillette proglide razor lol. So for $9/4 razors I get so-so razors that give a decent shave once per razor OR $25/4 razors  that give me 2-3 good shaves before the need to go. 

Still think Gillette costs are stupid high but its one of those pay for quality things. Also DSC wasn't the first they just got popular for their viral ads.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

this is old news. I've seen Gillette ads for this for a couple years now.

I tested out DSC for a few months because of the cost and don't find the discount worth the degrade in quality. Using a fresh out-the-box razor from DSC (I had the executive plan) was the same as using a 3 week old Gillette proglide razor lol. So for $9/4 razors I get so-so razors that give a decent shave once per razor OR $25/4 razors  that give me 2-3 good shaves before the need to go. 

Still think Gillette costs are stupid high but its one of those pay for quality things. Also DSC wasn't the first they just got popular for their viral ads.

Yeah same. DSC middle tier razors were good for 2 shaves then they'd start cutting and pulling (never had a gillette razor cut me that bad). I can use a single Gillete fusion blade for a month or so. So its about the same cost per month with a better shave.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

I like the mach3 blades but $17/pack isn't any cheaper than retail

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

When I found out about Dollar Shave Club, I just went to Amazon and ordered the OEM razors. Even cheaper per month. This is the natural progression of marketing though. Is why the patent and copyright systems exist.

Yeah same. DSC middle tier razors were good for 2 shaves then they'd start cutting and pulling (never had a gillette razor cut me that bad). I can use a single Gillete fusion blade for a month or so. So its about the same cost per month with a better shave.

Besides that I also noticed the shave wasn't as close w/ DSC. I would shave and even tho it felt smooth-ish  I could still see some stubble still lingering right below the skin. With Gillette I feel and see clean skin after a shave.

I like the mach3 blades but $17/pack isn't any cheaper than retail

Yeah it's pretty much just a hassle-free door delivery option. I get my blades usually from Walmart/Target and when I try to pay I have to wait for a manger or w/e to come over and unlock that security box (the stores near me don't even trust to leave those plastic keys with their cashiers lol). Think my record is 15 mins waiting for someone to unlock before I just walked out and went to a local pharmacy. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Besides that I also noticed the shave wasn't as close w/ DSC. I would shave and even tho it felt smooth-ish  I could still see some stubble still lingering right below the skin. With Gillette I feel and see clean skin after a shave.

Yeah it's pretty much just a hassle-free door delivery option. I get my blades usually from Walmart/Target and when I try to pay I have to wait for a manger or w/e to come over and unlock that security box (the stores near me don't even trust to leave those plastic keys with their cashiers lol). Think my record is 15 mins waiting for someone to unlock before I just walked out and went to a local pharmacy. 

I've accidently set off an alarm once trying to get razors. It doesn't make sense to me though with much more dangerous items available in the hardware department,

"cha-ching" goes the big brand. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I have a couple of packets of DSC blades and they're not too bad - actually feel quite nice to shave with. The one thing I did notice is after a couple of months, most of the glass cabinets containing razors in stores were gone.