Very low PPD (Folding@Home)

Hello!

As my main issue with F@H has been solved I've managed to get my folding client running today again, but I've ran into another issue.

My CPU, an AMD Phenom II 100T, used to fold for around 1400 DDP or so late last year before I had to take a break due to software problems, but now I am only getting about 3000-6000 PPD out of it... What could cause this?

Secondly, since I installed a new GPU cooler to my Radeon 7970 (Running latest drivers, 1.3.2 I belive), Ive decided to let it fold as well every now and then, but I am only getting about 3000 total out of it, which has to be completely out of order, considering my laptop (Asus G53), which is running both SMP and GPU are getting about 13000 total. It should be noted that MSI Afterburner only claims my GPU is being used to 38%...

Help is much appreciated!

Ok, couple of things - I "assume" you mean you used to get 14,000 PPD and now only get 3,000 to 6,000? Let it fold for a few days? Have you entered in your passkey? Some WU's will yeild very different PPD numbers, esp if you were previously getting Beta WU's. Those had monster numbers.

Also - what CPU is that? Did you mean AMD Phenom II X6 1100T? It is about equivalent to a core i3 chip - so 3,000 to 6,000 PPD is a good number.

If you check the FAQ - there is a whole section about AMD issues. If you want to fold on AMD 7000 series you need to rip out you current drives, run something like CCleaner and go back to 12.10 or earlier. Pretty much anything newer "breaks" the AMD GPU so it folds at a very low percentage...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99